October 2013 Weddings

FITNESS One Year To Go

Hey October brides!

Anyone else working out to be a nice fit version of ourselves for next October?? I can see the weight on the scale slowly easing off. I'm getting excited!

How are you ladies feeling?
Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickersLilySlim Weight loss tickers Check out My Blog

Re: FITNESS One Year To Go

• Just started last week! I HATE working out, but the wedding is great motivation. I've started running 3x a week before work in the morning with evening walks the other two nights. Also doing weights on top of the cardio. In the spring I'm going to start doing CKO to kick it up a notch.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am trying!  I have already lost 10 lbs but I need to lose about  5-10 more to feel at my best.  I am trying to hold steady at least through the holidays.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • I'm feeling sore. Half Ironman will kick your butt. I swore no more half irons after this first one from yesterday but it looks like I may do one in June rather than an olympic distance in september. Other wise I'd love to lose 3-5 but I'll be happy to just be in shape like I am right now. I'd really like to be in better cycling shape. So 2-3 half marys and 1 half iron I think I'll be straight. I might look for a swim run duathlon as well since those are my strong legs in a tri.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • I just did my first marathon, luckily im stiffness is going away but I am retaining water like a mo-fo and up 4 lbs bc of it. Salads all week for lunch.

Im thinking of a second Marathon in May and a few halfs this summer.

Other exercise, Jillian Michaels dvds work great!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_fitness-one-year-to-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:cfdcfb5d-c25a-41f0-bad9-99e39bf36159Post:545c612b-f987-4675-a38f-3ece921ca07a">Re: FITNESS One Year To Go</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just did my first marathon, luckily im stiffness is going away but I am retaining water like a mo-fo and up 4 lbs bc of it.
    Posted by Stina51286[/QUOTE]

I am retaining too about 5 pounds here. Just drink extra water the next few days and get some salts in :) you'll be fine. Apricots and bananas are your friends.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • I'm slowly losing weight but at least it's progress. I have 34lbs to lose to feel that I'm at my best. Seeing the progress is helping me to keep positive that I can do this!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickersLilySlim Weight loss tickers Check out My Blog
  • Ugh...I really need to get in shape and have been saying for the last year I'll lose weight before the wedding, but it's so hard to find the time!  I commute ~1.5 hours each way to work and find it too easy to eat junk on the run or get that extra hour of sleep.  How do you stay motivated?
  • edited October 2012
    I track my progress with the Lose it app on Iphone. It helps me be accountable and I have friends on it that help keep me in check!

I wake up in the morning and look at my reflection before I take my shower and say
    "This is not me, this is not how I'm going to look on my wedding day. I'm changing this NOW" and then I do some cardio (before the shower) I also find fun ways to sneak in some exersizes like before I brush my teeth & take a shower I do a couple of reps of jumping jacks or squats so that's twice a day of doing a little somethin even if I can't make it our for a run or to they gym at least I'm doing something.

****This may be bad advice since I've had body image issues growing up but,****

I also have a cheapy over the door mirror hanging on the fridge that says "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" and that saying is also written on my debit & credit cards. So I'm reminded to make wiser food choices during the day. I also dont buy anything that I wouldn't want to catch myself eating. Since I've been so busy my diet has been peanutbutter-honey celery with raisins and vegetable broth & egg soup and snacking on almonds. The honey helps my sweet tooth cravings a lot. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards