April 2013 Weddings
Options

Bachelorette Party

So one of my dear bridesmaids is hosting all of us at her place so we don't have to pay for a hotel room the week of the bachelorette party.  Her boyfriend just moved in with her and I asked her yesterday if he'll be staying there with her while we're there and she said yes.  Ummm awkward...hopefully he can find some man-friends to hang out with while we're shrieking and giggling our faces off!!

Re: Bachelorette Party

• Options
    haha Yeah, maybe that's a time when you FIND things for him to do :-D Hopefully he gets the point and does his own thing!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    So ready to bring our families together and PARTY on April 13th, 2013!
    image 225 Invited
    image 53 Are ready to party!
    image 18 Will be missing out!
    image 154 Are MIA!
    Reply requested by March 23.
  • Options
    I guess he's doing a mud run during the day on Saturday but what about the rest of the time we're there(Thurs night-Sun morning)?  Lol.  I can't exactly say "hey, get outta here," since it's her place and she's being so nice about it.  They've broken up a couple of times since they've been together so who knows if they'll even be together by the time March rolls around.
  • Options
    That stinks, but it might be ok! Last yr I was away at a Bach party where stayed at a friends house also, and he bf stayed the entire weekend. Yes it was awkward, but he was totally cool and pretty much stayed in his room or left the house, so hopefully the same works out for you girls....or they break up =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Haha yea, I feel bad hoping that they break up but I wasn't too impressed when I met him.  Not to mentioned that he's seperated from his wife.  I don't like seeing one of my best friends on such an emotional rollercoaster but she is one of those girls that will listen to her friends' advice and then do what she wants anyway.  My MOH talked to her about all of this(not politely...my MOH is nothing if she's not blunt, lol) and now they don't discuss any of it.  I don't want my BM to stop filling me in on all of her exciting life events because she thinks I'll bite her head off for dating him.  Oh well...what will be, will be.  If they start talking about getting engaged, that's when I will speak up more.
  • Options
    Honestly, if they live together and you're going to be crashing there for 4 days, you're going to see him at some point.  And you're right - as a guest, you can't force him to leave.  It's HIS home, after all. 

You can always tell your BM that you're not comfortable talking girl talk and letting your hair down with a guy there.  Tell her you'd prefer a girls only weekend and see what she says.  Is her place the ONLY place you can stay? 

Honestly, in your position, I'd pay for my own hotel room if I didn't like him to that extent.  You should be comfortable and be able to enjoy yourself and if you can't do that with him around, then make other arrangements for yourself. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • Options
    Yea, I talked it over with one of my MOHs.  She also mentioned that we can all go in on a hotel suite or something if need be.  I don't mind having a dude around since I used to work with 50 of them on a ship that was 230 feet long.  I'm used to shocking them with girl talk, haha.  I guess I'm more concerned about the comfort of my BMs.  I'm also concerned that my MOH will tell him how she feels about him(not favorable) since she has no verbal filter, lol.  Ehhh...we'll figure it out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards