Catholic Weddings
Options

Unmarried and Charting? - Article by Simcha Fischer

Re: Unmarried and Charting? - Article by Simcha Fischer

• Options
    thanks for sharing! great article!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    That's awesome!  I wish I'd learned to chart when I was younger, and I will definitely consider having my teen daughters learn to chart.

• Options
    After reading "Take Charge of Your Fertility" all I could think was, "why didn't I learn this earlier?" 

If I ever have daughters I will teach them how to chart. It amazes me how many women don't even mark down when their next period is!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh, I completely agree.  And I love the statement that girls who are more aware of their own bodies are less likely to do things that would harm them!
    Anniversary

• Options
    Yup... If I have daughters, I think I'll be teaching them, too!  Especially if they inherit my stupid thyroid and crazy cycles :o)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_unmarried-and-charting-article-by-simcha-fischer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:237aef17-32ca-4530-ab9c-eae30275a735Post:fd6c57b6-67b8-465a-8680-0a0856978123">Re: Unmarried and Charting? - Article by Simcha Fischer</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, I completely agree.  And I love the statement that girls who are more aware of their own bodies are less likely to do things that would harm them!
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

This.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm sure that most women track their periods.  I did starting out at 12 and I would mark day 1 as "wheels".  haha, that was a code for  my mom to remember to pick up pads and tampons for me.  At that age, I think it was understandable to be shy.

My mom was killed in a car accident when I was 16 but I never thought not to mark my calendar.   My maternal grandmother had come to stay with us for a couple of months and I found my bathroom fully stocked when I came home from school the first week back.

Seems my mom and my grandmother used the same code for the time of the month, Gram saw it and was one step ahead.
  • Options
    In abstinence education, they said one of the advantages of abstinence was no pregnancy scares, and thus no need to obsess about the timing of our periods, especially as teens, when they can be irregular.

Kudos to the article for pointing out that the treatment for endometriosis is surgery. There's a way to stall it, too, but it doesn't work with charting.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_unmarried-and-charting-article-by-simcha-fischer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:237aef17-32ca-4530-ab9c-eae30275a735Post:e7e5e7e0-e198-4fb7-89b9-9ec586f1dfcf">Re: Unmarried and Charting? - Article by Simcha Fischer</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm sure that most women track their periods.  I did starting out at 12 and I would mark day 1 as "wheels".  haha, that was a code for  my mom to remember to pick up pads and tampons for me.  At that age, I think it was understandable to be shy. My mom was killed in a car accident when I was 16 but I never thought not to mark my calendar.   My maternal grandmother had come to stay with us for a couple of months and I found my bathroom fully stocked when I came home from school the first week back. Seems my mom and my grandmother used the same code for the time of the month, Gram saw it and was one step ahead.
    Posted by ootmother2[/QUOTE]

<div>Awww, this made me cry and laugh at the same time!  You had a clever mom and grandma :-)</div>
  • Options
    oot, that's really sweet.

• Options
    Thank you!
    They were both remarkable.  I hope to be half the woman they were!
  • Options
    Absolutely women should start charting while they are single. I can honestly say that after finishing TCOYF I was actually furious that the information was not made readily available to women my age while going through school. This is the type of information they need to teach in sex ed, but noooooooooo! They just want to teach us how to put condoms on bananas :-P
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_unmarried-and-charting-article-by-simcha-fischer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:237aef17-32ca-4530-ab9c-eae30275a735Post:6c1f2664-dc20-49a0-8b84-fbc669cb7643">Re: Unmarried and Charting? - Article by Simcha Fischer</a>:
    [QUOTE]Absolutely women should start charting while they are single. I can honestly say that after finishing TCOYF I was actually furious that the information was not made readily available to women my age while going through school. This is the type of information they need to teach in sex ed, but noooooooooo! They just want to teach us how to put condoms on bananas :-P
    Posted by MedStudent13[/QUOTE]

<div>It's like we're back in medieval times being repressed, uneducated and illiterate... oh wait... ;-)  </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards