California-Inland Empire

Save-the-date etiquette

ok sorry to pester everyone with my 101 std questions . .

i ordered off of 123print.com 2 days ago, now I'm trying to think what to do next, should I just send the magnets off in an envelope and be done with it, since the magnet is pretty self explantory? If thats acceptable I'd rather do that but if not I don't want to look like trash :(   Do I unclude some sort of card/insert?  If so what should it say?

TIA!!  love you girls and all your help :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Save-the-date etiquette

• edited December 2011
    What do the STD's (acronym for Save the Date...yea, sounds dirty huh?) say exactly?  If it says something like "Save The Date for Emily's Wedding on blank Date"  It is fine to just mail it with just a magnet.  Make sure to hand write the addresses so people will be curious to open it.  Typed addresses look more like junk mail.  Plus handwriting the names makes it more personal for the guest, like you took time to think of them. 
    CRAFTY ME

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • sv4338sv4338 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I used clear labels in cursive writitng
    I wasnt ablout to hand write 50+ envelopes :0)
    I also sealed the envelope with a clear label that read
    We're Getting Married !!!!!!

• edited December 2011
    I just sent the magnet, but I got this cute stamp from Michaels that said "Save the Date" really big and used a frosted pink ink to stamp it with on the envelope seal.
  • edited December 2011
    I also used labels... :S But they came with matching Return address labels and a tiny picture of us that we used to seal the back. So our guests knew that it was from someone they knew :)
  • edited December 2011
    Also, I don't know if you guys did this, but I used my STD to advertise our wedding website (that I created on here!) Since we have posted a ton of information about the ceremony, reception, accomodation, registy...etc. it helps them as a reference.... 

(Plus it has the awesome guestbook where our guests can leave their well-wishes (<- My favorite Part!)
  • emilypeachemilypeach member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ok thanks everyone.  i like all the ideas, i also put my wedding website on my std (and yes kasi now that you point it out that abbreviation just seems wrong!), mine said save the date, we're getting married, emily and leo, aug 28, 2010, los angeles, ca and the website, pretty self explanitory! i think ill start addressing envelopes now while im waiting for std's to get here.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards