Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Venues that allow me to bring my own food in. Family is cooking.

My fiance and I are planning on getting married in March of 2013. Does anyone know of any venues that let us bring our own food in? My family is going to make the food for the reception. Preferably somewhere in central florida. Like orlando, kissimmee....
Thanks

Re: Venues that allow me to bring my own food in. Family is cooking.

• Options
    Try posting this on your local board.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Do be aware that a lot of venues (other than, say, church reception halls) don't allow this for insurance reasons- I would expect it to be tricky to find a place.
  • Options
    Okay.  Your family is cooking (which has non-insured liability issues on its own) but who is going to be taking care of the food.  By that I mean who is going to be making sure hot foods stay hot and cold foods stay cold?  Who is going to be serving this?  Who is going to be collecting dirty dishes, silverware and glassware at the end of the night?  Who is going to be washing all of this and making sure it gets back to its owners?  You cannot ask any guest to do this so you are going to either have to hire people for the job or you and your FI will be the ones doing it at the end of the night.  I'd look at restaurant catering.  It is usually less expensive.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • Options
    not only looking after the food but making sure it's at the absolute correct temperature to avoid making people sick. that's the hurdle.

• Options
    my family has been cooking their own food for years... any event... weddings, sweet 16s... birthdays.. we've never had a problem. we've used a community center but I was not happy with their services since they were complete dirtbags... So yes i know who will be serving and cleaning up after and all of that. I know the prices and in fact it is cheaper to have my family cook the food for my wedding.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_venues-that-allow-me-to-bring-my-own-food-in-family-is-cooking?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:bbe1d7d1-d5d7-4e98-a04b-04b9f1e498a3Post:641eecfe-52b0-44e6-8ce9-107d30d70300">Re: Venues that allow me to bring my own food in. Family is cooking.</a>:
    [QUOTE]my family has been cooking their own food for years... any event... weddings, sweet 16s... birthdays.. we've never had a problem. we've used a community center but I was not happy with their services since they were complete dirtbags... So yes i know who will be serving and cleaning up after and all of that. I know the prices and in fact it is cheaper to have my family cook the food for my wedding.
    Posted by asrivera08[/QUOTE]

ok great just make sure you're covered properly for anyone who gets sick etc... just because you've never had ap roblem doesn't mean you can't have a problem this time......

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards