Pre-wedding Parties

Night before the wedding games!

Hi all!

My bridesmaids and I are spending the night before my wedding (August 19th... less than 2 weeks away!!!!) at my parents' house doing girly stuff... not a bachelorette party since my MoH and I are doing that the week before, but something fun since not all of my bridesmaids can make it to the bachelorette party. I read something in a bridal magazine about a month or two ago that had rules for a wedding drinking game that sounded fun and that I'd like to play, but the magazine was at my salon, so I don't have a copy of it and therefore can't remember what it said.

The game was to put on Bridezillas or some kind of crazy wedding TV special and drink at specific times, like anytime the bride yells "It's my day!" (I believe that was actually listed as a "finish your drink" action) or whenever anyone cries (extra drinks if the groom cries), etc. Does anyone know what I'm talking about, and if so, do you have a copy of this list and could anyone send me the list of rules? And if you don't know what I'm talking about, I'll definitely accept any fun suggestions that we could use to make our own list!!!

Thanks all!!
Caitlin

Re: Night before the wedding games!

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_night-before-wedding-games?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:69dbe9fd-0ce6-4b42-ab40-5e6fda04437dPost:56c26793-bb7a-45e9-a9bf-f892b1ea5676">Night before the wedding games!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi all! <strong>My bridesmaids and I are spending the night before my wedding (August 19th... less than 2 weeks away!!!!) at my parents' house doing girly stuff...</strong> not a bachelorette party since my MoH and I are doing that the week before, but something fun since not all of my bridesmaids can make it to the bachelorette party. I read something in a bridal magazine about a month or two ago that had rules for a wedding drinking game that sounded fun and that I'd like to play, but the magazine was at my salon, so I don't have a copy of it and therefore can't remember what it said. <strong>The game was to put on Bridezillas or some kind of crazy wedding TV special and drink at specific times, like anytime the bride yells "It's my day!" (I believe that was actually listed as a "finish your drink" action) or whenever anyone cries (extra drinks if the groom cries), etc. </strong>Does anyone know what I'm talking about, and if so, do you have a copy of this list and could anyone send me the list of rules? And if you don't know what I'm talking about, I'll definitely accept any fun suggestions that we could use to make our own list!!! Thanks all!! Caitlin
    Posted by JeffnCaitlin[/QUOTE]

You're planning on getting trashed the night before your wedding? I would seriously advise against this, for your own good.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • uwf_cole23uwf_cole23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP. I would just relax and maybe do a more casual night with the girls. Maybe you can all cook dinner together and have a cocktail or two, but I wouldnt drink alot, hangovers dont photograph well.
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, I definitely would move this kind of party up sooner than the night before.
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Hello ladies,

I was a little offended by these responses. There is a big difference between having some fun and drinks with some friends and getting completely drunk and being sick the next day. I am a responsible person, and I was asking a question that I wanted to have answered. I did not ask for your unsolicted (and frankly, extremely unnecessary and fairly judgmental) advice.

If anyone would like to respond to the original post, I would still be happy to hear from you.
  • sumpunkchairsumpunkchair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Drinking games are to get drunk....so good luck looking haggard and feeling like crap on your wedding day.

It wasn't unsolicited advice...you posted a question....on a public forum....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ejheartejheart member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, I think PP might be being a little too motherly. I'm not advising to go crazy, but you're a big girl and I'm assuming, a grown-up. (I do, however, think that maybe 2 nights before would be a good idea if at all possible). That being said, here's a list that I got from a brides.com forum. It's amazing what a little Googling can get you. Maybe nix this list down to just a few good ones to keep the drinking a little less crazy. Good luck!

Take x number of drinks every time the bride...

yells at someone - 1

yells at someone on her cell phone - 1

fights with her parents - 1

fights with her fiance - 1

complains about her mother-in-law - 1

gets frustrated - 1

invokes that everyone must do as she says because she is the bride - 1

orders people around - 1

demands money out of someone - 1

cries - 1

drinks - 1

curses - 1

has to decorate her reception site herself - 1

is late for anything - 1

realizes she doesn't have enough money for what she wants - 2

makes someone else cry - 2

gets into a physical fight - 2

has to change plans/vendors - 2

fights with a vendor - 2

flips out about her gown - 2

flips out about someone else's gown - 2

has regrets about how the wedding went - 2

overrides a decision made by her fiance - 3

complains about her fiance - 3

Take x number of drinks every time someone else...

complains about the bride "in the confessional" - 1

tries to reason with the bride - 1

tries to calm the bride down - 1

tries to annoy the bride on purpose - 1

important is late to the wedding - 2

tells the bride off - 2

is a bigger bitch than the bride (game-master uses her discretion) - 2

someone refuses to do what the bride wants - 2

realizes that the bride doesn't have enough money for what she wants - 3
    Happy drinking!

Anniversary
  • ejheartejheart member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_night-before-wedding-games?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:69dbe9fd-0ce6-4b42-ab40-5e6fda04437dPost:2cb01ff0-04c8-43a2-b982-282fa8dfce06">Re: Night before the wedding games!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Night before the wedding games! : My co-worker's (normally VERY conservative)groom was 30 when he did a face plant into the shallow end of a pool after a few too many the night before the wedding.  He spent the night in the emergency room and their wedding photos feature him sans front tooth and wearing more makeup than she is to minimize the sight of stitches and scabbing on his forehead, nose, and chin. It's not really a 'motherly' thing.  It's a common sense thing.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Agreed, it is a common sense thing. Never said that it wasn't. The "motherly" part is giving advice on a different topic other than that which is requested.</div><div>
    </div><div>People are going to do what they want regardless of what people on an online thread "suggest." Just saying.

</div>
    Anniversary
  • ejheartejheart member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_night-before-wedding-games?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:69dbe9fd-0ce6-4b42-ab40-5e6fda04437dPost:20a8c6a8-e7ed-45d8-b846-18a2e0912c29">Re: Night before the wedding games!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Night before the wedding games! : Well, since the POINT of this forum is to give and recieve ADVICE, I still think you're overreacting a bit with the 'motherly thing'. I mean, seriously, if we were discussing something that could impede someone's safety, would you be bashing us for all being too maternal when we pointed THAT out.  This is an open forum, meaning that you don't get to dictate the responses you get.  So, yeah, people often comment on other issues they see from the OP instead of just sticking exactly to the direct question asked.  In case you haven't noticed, people do that in real life too though. Honestly, I don't personally care if she does decide to get sh*tfaced and misses her wedding completely because she's too busy puking in the chapel bathroom.  I don't know her, and her choices have zero effect on me.  I simply make the "suggestions" I do because they are honestly what I feel is best for the poster I am answering.  Period.  Whether they take them or leave them has way less impact on my life and self-worth than you seem to think.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Wow, I'm overreacting? Shessh. I never knew that describing someone as motherly could be taken so offensively. I know that people are going to give their opinions, regardless, and I know that that's what forums are for. I wasn't trying to disagree with anyone in the least. </div><div>
    </div><div>My point was that 120982910 people had already given their opinion that it was a bad idea so if she wasn't going to get the point by that time, then she probably wouldn't ever get it. I guess I felt kind of bad for the girl because everyone seemed to be ganging up on her. My DEEPEST apologies for trying to stand up for someone.</div><div>
    </div><div>Anyway, suggestions are good. Keep on keepin' on. I just think that so many opinions saying the same thing are overwhelming and unnecessary. Also, I would say that you DO care considering that you cared enough to check back on this thread, and also considering the fact that you have made 17,484 posts over the course of the last 3 years. Dang. Impressive. But just saying... :)</div>
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards