North Carolina

Happy Tuesday/poll

- Is it raining where you are?

- What flavor was the last popsicle you ate?

- Have you been to your county fair this year?  Has your county had its fair this year?

- Will you go to the state fair this year?

- What's your favorite fair food?

- What should I do for a guestbook for my wedding? I don't want a book of lines to sign.

- If you're a lurker reading this (I know y'all are out there), why don't you post?  We don't have to talk about weddings.  Let's talk about hair dye or water bottles or high school football or shoe shopping or whatever. 

- Would you adopt a child?

- Why is it not Thursday yet, and why do I keep tying "Thursday" when I mean Tuesday?

- How's your day so far?

Re: Happy Tuesday/poll

• edited December 2011
    - Is it raining where you are?  Yes :(

- What flavor was the last popsicle you ate?  I can't recall.  Guess it's time to eat a popsicle!

- Have you been to your county fair this year?  Has your county had its fair this year?  No and I don't know.  I don't even know if my county has a fair?

- Will you go to the state fair this year?  I don't know.  Never been.  Where is it?

- What's your favorite fair food?  Fried dough!! Yummy. :)

- What should I do for a guestbook for my wedding? I don't want a book of lines to sign.  Ohh, good question.  I've seen so many good ones.  I don't want to do a regular one either.  I'm not sure I'd be much help as I'm super indecisive about everything but I've always wanted to do the photo with the mat around it that everyone signs. 

- If you're a lurker reading this (I know y'all are out there), why don't you post?  We don't have to talk about weddings.  Let's talk about hair dye or water bottles or high school football or shoe shopping or whatever.  There is so much good advice on here I can almost always find my answer without asking it myself.  And with the NWR posts, I always feel like by the time I see them, the conversation is too far along for an "outsider" to jump in.

- Would you adopt a child?  Sure!

- Why is it not Thursday yet, and why do I keep tying "Thursday" when I mean Tuesday?  Wishful thinking?

- How's your day so far?  Boring and long and cold and rainy.  Is it 5 o'clock yet?  How is your day so far?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    - Is it raining where you are? Nope, finally stopped.  I don't even see any clouds through the window

- What flavor was the last popsicle you ate? Green?

- Have you been to your county fair this year?  Has your county had its fair this year? I live in Raleigh, is there a county fair here?

- Will you go to the state fair this year? Yes!!

- What's your favorite fair food? Deep fried Snickers, yummmm

- What should I do for a guestbook for my wedding? I don't want a book of lines to sign.  A photobook, but I'm biased Wink

- If you're a lurker reading this (I know y'all are out there), why don't you post?  We don't have to talk about weddings.  Let's talk about hair dye or water bottles or high school football or shoe shopping or whatever.  I guess I am a lurker now since I hardly post anymore.  Hi, I'm Jessica! *waves*  I got married in December in Hickory.

- Would you adopt a child? Yes

- Why is it not Thursday yet, and why do I keep tying "Thursday" when I mean Tuesday?  Because weeks take forever and go super fast at the same time.  You want it to be later than it actually is, I don't blame you.

- How's your day so far? Seminar this morning, waiting for an email so I can submit my application, annoyed by DH's family. So, not the best day ever, but not the worst.
  • edited December 2011
    - Is it raining where you are?  Nope - but did all day yesterday.  It is actually beautiful out right now!

- What flavor was the last popsicle you ate?  Oh...goodness...can't remember!  Is that bad?!  The neighbor boy brought me one during the summer but I didn't eat it...I think it was grape...yuck!

- Have you been to your county fair this year?  Has your county had its fair this year?  Well, I consider my county fair the state fair...so not yet!  Does Raleigh have a separate county fair?

- Will you go to the state fair this year?  Probably!  We usually go for a bit...just to eat...I don't like the rides!

- What's your favorite fair food?  NC State Howling Cow Ice Cream!!!!!!!!

- What should I do for a guestbook for my wedding? I don't want a book of lines to sign.  I like the photobook idea - then you can have it on your coffee table and actually look through it instead of putting it in a box that you'll never look through.

- If you're a lurker reading this (I know y'all are out there), why don't you post?  We don't have to talk about weddings.  Let's talk about hair dye or water bottles or high school football or shoe shopping or whatever.  Yes - we love meeting new ppl!  I am still pretty new and don't post a whole lot...but I'm sure I will the more I get busy with wedding planning.

- Would you adopt a child?  Yes - especially if for some reason we could not have children...but I would consider it even if we do have children of our own.

- Why is it not Thursday yet, and why do I keep tying "Thursday" when I mean Tuesday?  I am kinda glad today is not Thursday yet - bc I have so much to do that would mean that I am even more behind!!!  YIKES!  And I am working from home today so that is nice.  But have busy days full of meetings tomorrow and Thursday.

- How's your day so far?  Pretty good.  Although since I am working from home and was hardly here last week I got some major cleaning and laundry to do...

Anyone else HATE laundry as much as I do?!?!?!  It's not that it is hard...I just hate it...not sure why!  Maybe bc I did so much of it as a child...that tended to be one of my major chores!
    June 2011 Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses - but they will be in BLACK!
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio!
  • pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like laundry, sort of.  I like washing it, and drying it and folding it.  I hate putting it away.  And I hate ironing.  I like going in my drawers and closets and them being full of clean clothes, though. 

• edited December 2011
    hmmm...actually now that you say it - I don't really mind the actual 'washing' and 'drying' it's the folding and putting away! (which encompasses the term 'laundry!')

Although - so much of my stuff or Nathan's stuff can't be dried...so you have to hang it...then iron it...then...grrr...  hahaSmile

Hope everyone is having a nice day - rain or no rain!
    Planning Bio!
    edited December 2011
    - Is it raining where you are? Nope, not today.

- What flavor was the last popsicle you ate? Blood Orange

- Have you been to your county fair this year?  Has your county had its fair this year? I haven't been to the county fair in years.

- Will you go to the state fair this year? Yes, for sure.  FI (he'll be DH by then, crazy) hasn't ever missed one.  We usually go a couple times.  This year we're only going to be able to go on weeknights because of our HONEYMOON and another trip we have planned.

- What's your favorite fair food? Funnel cake.  FI loves the turkey legs and some sandwich thing that's delicious but I don't remember the name of.  I also love the piles of curly french fries.  Last year we got fried apples and they were delicious.

- What should I do for a guestbook for my wedding? I don't want a book of lines to sign. If I knew, I wouldn't have asked.  I'm not sure there's time for the photo book thing.

- If you're a lurker reading this (I know y'all are out there), why don't you post?  We don't have to talk about weddings.  Let's talk about hair dye or water bottles or high school football or shoe shopping or whatever.  Even if you come into a convo l

- Would you adopt a child? Yes, absolutely.  We plan to adopt a middle or high school aged child once our kids (and us too) are older.

- Why is it not Thursday yet, and why do I keep tying "Thursday" when I mean Tuesday? I wish I knew

- How's your day so far? Busy!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_happy-tuesdaypoll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:115Discussion:ba616ed0-2db2-4478-b1cf-4980639618e8Post:064ae17b-8db6-4667-8da8-92a4af5feda6">Re: Happy Tuesday/poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like laundry, sort of.  I like washing it, and drying it and folding it.  I hate putting it away.  And I hate ironing.  I like going in my drawers and closets and them being full of clean clothes, though. 
    Posted by pirategal03[/QUOTE]

This is exactly how I feel about laundry.  Especially the folding - that's my favorite part.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    It's funny how many people say they hate the putting away part.  That should be the easy part. 

I can't tell you how often half of our sofa is taken over by piles of clean and folded laundry. 
  • edited December 2011
    Our spot is on top of the dryer.  I fold stuff right there and then NEVER put it away!  Well, unless I absolutely have to.  Like this week for example - my parents are coming into town on Friday so I put all the laundry away yesterday.  Wasn't so bad I guess.  Maybe I hate the idea of it more than actually doing it.  Weird.  You're right, it isn't that hard.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    - Is it raining where you are? Nope. It will tomorrow though I think.

- What flavor was the last popsicle you ate? Can't remember the last time I ate one actually.

- Have you been to your county fair this year?  Has your county had its fair this year? Not sure if they've had one yet or not but I will be going to the State Fair next month!

- Will you go to the state fair this year? Yep!

- What's your favorite fair food? Funnel Cakes!

- What should I do for a guestbook for my wedding? I don't want a book of lines to sign. Have your guests write you advice on little cards and put them in a vase or something. 

- If you're a lurker reading this (I know y'all are out there), why don't you post?  We don't have to talk about weddings.  Let's talk about hair dye or water bottles or high school football or shoe shopping or whatever.  I try to post as much as I can so I don't really consider myself a lurker.

- Would you adopt a child? Only if I could not have children on my own. 

- Why is it not Thursday yet, and why do I keep tying "Thursday" when I mean Tuesday? I would love for it to be Thursday, but it's not :[

- How's your day so far? Warning: vent! haha I got to my 8am class and at 7:55 someone said I just got an email saying class is cancelled. Then we got our test grades back in Bio and I made a D :[ When I got to my 11am class we had a sub so she started a movie at 10:55 and left. Halfway through the movie it started skipping so everyone left. So today was pretty much a major waste of time for me. Sorry for the vent :]
  • K8NKCK8NKC member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Surprisingly, no

I don't even remember the last popsicle I ate! :(

- Have you been to your county fair this year?  Has your county had its fair this year?
    I live in Canada right now...sooo I don't know if they do those...

Not the NC one :(

Corndogs or funnel cake...

- What should I do for a guestbook for my wedding? I don't want a book of lines to sign.
    I like photobooks, I just saw a friend have people sign a small quilt they can frame...

- If you're a lurker reading this (I know y'all are out there), why don't you post?  We don't have to talk about weddings.  Let's talk about hair dye or water bottles or high school football or shoe shopping or whatever. 
    I'm more of a lurker than a poster, but I'm new...

If I couldn't have my own.

- Why is it not Thursday yet, and why do I keep tying "Thursday" when I mean Tuesday?
    Because it's only Tuesday...

- How's your day so far?
    just getting started...I'm a grad student and 3 hour behind y'all...don't judge too hard
  • SassyPants150SassyPants150 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    - Is it raining where you are? Not here...beautiful comfortable day here!

- What flavor was the last popsicle you ate? Wow! Not sure...if I had to take a stab more likely orange and definitely not grape =)

- Have you been to your county fair this year?  Has your county had its fair this year? I haven't been to a county fair in about 10 years!

- Will you go to the state fair this year? Don't believe so...its been about 5 years for me on that one =)

- What's your favorite fair food? I'm a nerd...I love the big turkey legs and grilled corn

- What should I do for a guestbook for my wedding? I don't want a book of lines to sign. We did a scrapbook with black paper and silver sharpies...I love how it turned out...lots of people left little notes for us.  I loved looking through it the next day!

If you're a lurker reading this (I know y'all are out there), why don't you post?  We don't have to talk about weddings.  Let's talk about hair dye or water bottles or high school football or shoe shopping or whatever.  I don't consider myself a lurker...although I haven't gotten to post much since we got back from our honeymoon!

- Would you adopt a child? If I was incapable of having children (one of my biggest fears!)

- Why is it not Thursday yet, and why do I keep tying "Thursday" when I mean Tuesday?  Wishful thinking! I always like thinking about the end of the week!

- How's your day so far?
    Tiring!  I never realized how little I took care of our home until I have actually had a few days now to work on it.  Today was the garage and it took nearly all day to get it in order.  In 2 weeks I feel like I haven't gotten anything done and there's still tons to do! Oyyyy!!
    Favorite thing about fall...Florida Football!

What's cookin'? BFP: May 16, 2011 DD born January 19, 2012 | Chart BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary imageBabyName Ticker

• edited December 2011
    well...I think I know what it is about the putting away part - most girls have more clothes than they need (well, 'need' is a relative term! ha)...anyways...for me to put away clothes I have to rearrange or squish stuff around.

Then to get stuff back out I end up messing all my neatly folded clothes up trying to find that one stupid top the I know I folded a couple days ago!

ok...my laundry rant is now over!!  Wink
    Planning Bio!
  • CJ4578CJ4578 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not right now! But I was happy about it when it was because we needed it!

Probably chocolate (Locopops!)

I don't think we have a county fair? In Carrboro, every day's a fair at Weaver Street. ;-)

Heck yes! I am taking the week off before the wedding so it will be perfect- we can go on a weekday. :) Pig races! Bunny house! Yay!

Uh... fried mac and cheese, fried reeses cups... lemonade... hush puppies... caramel apples (right. So. Gotta choose just one this year so I can fit into that dress!)

We're doing wine bottles- we'll have a (good) bottle of wine for each of our first five aniversaries, and guests can write on them well-wishes. Then we will break them out each anniversary and drink wine and remember our wedding!

Alternatively, my friend got a silver platter that guests used a sort of sharp instrument to write well-wishes on, and then they sent it somewhere and the etchings became permanent. Now it sits on her mantle. :) (If you're interested in this, I have described it terribly but I would be happy to find out more info from her for you.)

I'm vocal. :)

Yes! We hope to in the future.

It needs to be Thursday because then my huge event at work will be almost over, and after that is over I can RELAX a little! :)

- How's your day so far?

It actually kinda sucked (huge event for work sucking all my time/energy/humanity) BUT now I am home waiting for FI to bring dinner and go to our dance lesson! So things are looking up.
    -- C
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    - Is it raining where you are? Nope, but I believe it's supposed to start raining again tonight and pour all of tomorrow. YAY

- What flavor was the last popsicle you ate? Blue. . . and green. .  . they were freezy pops. You can't eat just one!

- Have you been to your county fair this year?  Has your county had its fair this year? No, we were out of town :o(

- Will you go to the state fair this year? Yes!!!! Going with friends. Woo

- What's your favorite fair food? Funnel cakes with cherries on top. . but only if they're FRESH funnel cakes.

- What should I do for a guestbook for my wedding? I don't want a book of lines to sign. Photobook. our guests loved ours and so did we! Plus, its like an extra photo album / coffee table book :o)

- If you're a lurker reading this (I know y'all are out there), why don't you post?  We don't have to talk about weddings.  Let's talk about hair dye or water bottles or high school football or shoe shopping or whatever.  I used to be a regular :o( but school has sucked the life out of me. . . its a fight every day and it BLOWS, but I know it'll be worth it in the end. I vote someone else organize a G2G so that I can have an escape :o)

- Would you adopt a child? Yep. I actually have this weird feeling that I'm infertile. Sadly, even though I haven't been tested, its a very strong feeling. So Fostering / adopting will be our route if that's the case

- Why is it not Thursday yet, and why do I keep tying "Thursday" when I mean Tuesday? Because you're thirsty! Thirsty Thursday. . I need a drink

- How's your day so far? Shitastic, but I'm alive so thankful for that. I also have an amazing husband that just held me for like 15 mins when I got home and told me that it'll all be okay :o) so that made things better.  Man I love him!

ps. . .I hate putting laundry away to. Its even sorted into piles for the different drawers they're all supposed to go into / those that need to hang.  I sorted them last night. . .guess where they are still at? FLOOR :o)  In my defense. . they're nice little neat stacks lol
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • jennieweaver1jennieweaver1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     Is it raining where you are?

- YES! My backyard is literally a lake. Wilmington got 10.24 inches of rain on just monday alone.

mmm, probably strawberry or a berry of some sort. it's been a while!

I don't think we have had our county fair yet.

not sure, we will see!

mmm, funnel cakes!

You could always  go with a large picture with a border for people to sign around. 

I'm not sure if I am a lurker. I definitely don't post too often, but I wouldn't consider myself a "regular" either. I usually just don't have the time to post :/

Probably, and especially if I found out I couldn't have kids.

Ugh, I wish it was Thursday, but at least we are one day closer!

- How's your day so far?

it's just been so-so. Definitely haven't had my morning coffee yet! 

Hope everyone has a great day!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 135 Invited
    image 105 are ready to party! image 30 have better things to do image0 need to check their mailboxes!
    RSVP Date: Sept 08
    http://jennieweaver.blogspot.com/
  • edited December 2011
    I just want to weigh in with all the girls who love doing laundry :) which makes me feel kind of odd, but I really enjoy it!!
  • NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_happy-tuesdaypoll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:ba616ed0-2db2-4478-b1cf-4980639618e8Post:db5ff165-7f29-4c1c-abb6-86b569cedf88">Re: Happy Tuesday/poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just want to weigh in with all the girls who love doing laundry :) which makes me feel kind of odd, but I really enjoy it!!
    Posted by carolinagirl426[/QUOTE]

No, I like doing laundry. It's a Sunday thing. I just dislike putting it all away once it's folded. And I  have to fold it because of DH does it. . .well. . .lets just say it isn't smooth and wrinkle free. Bless his heart he tries :o)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards