Virginia-Richmond

Plus Size Brides: Something You'd Be Interested In?

The introduction of Say Yes to the Dress: Big Bliss got me thinking about what kind of plus size selection Hampton Roads bridal stores offer. I know this is a Richmond board but I'm curious to get a wide range of Virginia brides opinions. I called all of the bridal stores in the Hampton Roads area and most have no plus size samples, or 2 plus size sample dresses, one had 20-30 samples-overall not that much considering Forbes magazine rated VB 13th most plus size city in the U.S.

I'm curious: If a bridal store catering to plus size brides was to open, would you choose to go there 1st in your search for wedding dresses? Do you think a store like this would be popular and successful?

Re: Plus Size Brides: Something You'd Be Interested In?

• edited December 2011
    I'm not sure....I ordered my dress having never tried it on (small sample) because I KNEW it would work with my body type....yeah it sucks to not be able to try certain dresses on, but unless the store carried all the same samples, just in bigger sizes, I don't think I would go there. I think it would definitely be successful though. Good question!
  • edited December 2011
    My daughter would have LOVED it.  There is nothing more demoralizing than trying on dresses that don't fit, or not being able to try on something because the samples are size 6 and you can't even get it up to your knees.  It should be a wonderful experience...not one to dread.
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards