Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

*Amer*

Did you see Twilight?  What did you think? FI and I saw it at 10am - it was great b/c there were hardly any people in the theater.  Except for one lady who brought her toddler with her.  Mark that in the #WhytheFdoyouhaveachild category.

I thought it was alright - pretty much the same as all the other movies.  Although Jacob's little "I kissed Bella" quote to Charlie (I won't repeat all of it for spoilers) was pretty funny.
Photobucket
Wedding Countdown Ticker
183 image 128 image 55 image 0 image RSVP Date: June 4, 2010

Re: *Amer*

• Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

First, I must preface with my general thoughts on Twilight (books/movies)

I think they are deliciously awful.  I give her props for coming up with a good Vampires v. Werewolf story line, but some her ideas I think are dumb.  Sparkily vampires?  I read that 4 times before I realized that she had actually written that thought down.  And published it.  The rest of the writing isn't really that good- pages and pages of description, to the point where it feels like Ms. Myers is trying to cover up the fact that, although she has an active imagination, her writing is mediocre at best. 

When the first movie came out I thought the writing was horrible, the acting was worse, and the lack of chemistry between Bella and Edward made me uncomfortable.  But like an addict, I went back for more.  I don't know why I love these books/movies so much, but dammit, I do.

That being said...

I actually liked this movie the best of all of them so far.  I  like that they added a Bella narrative- which was severly lacking in the first movie.  There was definatly much better chemistry between all three actors, although I was really hoping by the third movies someone would have taught Taylor Lautner to act.  I guess that;s asking too much.

I looooooved that line you are refering too!  My friends and I were dying at that point. 
    I really think everything flowed nicely.  It wasn't nearly as choppy as the first one.
    The scene where they were the newborns were coming out of water was pretty kickass.
    I really loved the whole Jacob and Edward conversation in the tent- I chuckled at a couple points.
    Was it just me, or did Dakoting Fanning need her eyebrows plucked?
    and most importantly....

TAYLOR LAUTNER IS 18 AND I DON"T FEEL LIKE A DIRTY OLD WOMAN NOW!!  WOOOO HOOOOOO!

Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Butting in...

I just wanna say DITTO about Taylor being 18 ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    <div align="left">In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_amer-22?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:af3d2ecb-93d4-4567-92d7-c7da439fdfdfPost:1e00b964-1d5e-4944-8ffc-a5db01b37b79">Re: *Amer*</a>:
    [QUOTE]Butting in... I just wanna say DITTO about Taylor being 18 ;)
    Posted by Bride_to_be_2011[/QUOTE]

DOUBLE DITTO. I haven't seen it yet, but I am going with my sister tomorrow. Love me some Jacob.</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards