New York-Western

Ceremony help!

Hey girls, I'm getting married next September and am really struggling with finding a place to have our ceremony. Our reception hall is booked but they don't really have a space for the ceremony or we would have done it there. I'm Catholic and he's Christian but neither of us really practice heavily. I can't find a church that accepts interfaith couples and I'm really starting to stress. Anyone have any ideas?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ceremony help!

• If you want a place that isn't a church, you can look in to the Tonawanda Castle (they let you rent the ceremony area only as long as the reception for the night isn't using it), the Village Meeting House in Williamsville, or the Roycroft Power House in East Aurora. If you have a larger wedding (over 120-150), you might want to consider the Karpeles Manuscript Museum or the Trinity Episcopal Church in downtown Buffalo. HTH! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you so much for some insight! I have tried the Trinity church already but was told they aren't doing weddings in the foreseeable future for some reason. It was a really strange phone call lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm not sure if you are still looking to get married in a church but my FI and I had a similar situation. He is Catholic and I am Christian, but as long as we do our pre canna classes and both show proof of baptism we can still get married in a Catholic Church. If you need additional info just let me know.
  • You could try the Unitarian Universalist Church in Buffalo. Our friends got married there, neither are very religioius but it's beautiful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Karpeles Manuscript Library Museum! It's on North and Elmwood. It's not a church, but it has pews so the setup is similar to that of a church. It's beautiful!
    8/6/11 ~ Happily Ever After!
  • I had my ceremony at the Village Meeting House in Williamsville because we didn't want to have it where we were having the reception and neither my husband or I are overly religious.  It ended up working out really well, and it was also extremely affordable.  When I compared their rates with the rates I was quoted for the Unitarian Church (which is gorgeous) there was an outrageous difference.  Depending on where your reception is the location might not work for you, but if you are frustrated by high price quotes, the Meeting House is a great option.

Good luck!
    Alison
  • You girls have been soo helpful!!! I actually feel like I have some direction now.  I can't thank you enough!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards