Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

The best way to do a pasta buffet?

So we're pretty sure we're gonna do a pasta buffet. We were just gonna have our guests serve themselves, because we're on a super limited budget, plus our wedding is gonna be pretty casual. Also, I hate telling people that I want this or that, or this much of that, or no that's too much. I always prefer to serve myself. Do you think anyone will care?

Re: The best way to do a pasta buffet?

• edited December 2011
    I don't think so. In both my family and fi's family weddings, it's been a self-serve buffet thing so naturally Fi and I decided we were doing something similar. We're doing a pasta, salad, bread, and drinks bar-styled buffet. We're buying all of the food and preparing it ourselves (luckily, fi's step-grandmother used to do catering and we can use her stuff).

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • edited December 2011
    I think people will understand. I would separate proteins from the pasta so people can mix and match and vegetarians will be happy.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011

I didn't think of separating the meats and pasta, thanks skantrowitz. :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • edited December 2011
    Every wedding is different. I personally would not care as long as its hot and tasty... 

My only caution would be children (if your going to have them attend). And make sure everything is labled property for people with allergies... 
  • firechick83firechick83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was thinking about doing this as well but my question is, how do you keep the pasta fresh/warm w/o it getting over cooked? 
    image March 2012 Bride Siggy Challenge
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards