Michigan-Detroit

Downriver Ceremony Locations!

Any ideas on a ceremony location downriver? My FI and I are having our reception at Crystal Gardens in Southgate. We could use their ceremony room but it would be $650 and then how ever much the fee is for the person to marry us ($200+). Neither of us go to church, but with an april wedding we need an indoor ceremony. Anyone know of a local non denominational church. Or an indoor venue? Please help!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Downriver Ceremony Locations!

• jhawthorne85jhawthorne85 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    To be honest, I don't think your going to find anything for much cheaper then that.
    Photobucket Married at last! *11-18-11*
  • acaponi87acaponi87 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Yeah that is pretty cheap. We are having our ceremony outside at a golf course and the reception is inside right there. Ceremony site fee is $700 (which was cheap when we were doing our research..includes all the chairs and stuff). 
    June 16, 2012
  • edited December 2011
    We were lookingfor the same thing. Downriver, no church... there were a couple that were cheaper than Crystal Gardens Chapel. But the size of them was SO SMALL and the decor was hideious. We chose to spend the money and go to Crystal Gardens. Its big, its gorgeous, and there is basically nothing you need to do in there to add flair.
    Happy hunting, and congrats!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    A friend of mine got  married a couple years ago. She said she went to a non denominational church and only spent about $300. But like I said it was a few years ago. We are getting married on a friday so I actually hope a lot of my guest do not make it to the ceremony. (Esp since we have 346 people on our list)
    To be honest I have been working a ton of overtime so I just haven't had time to research ceremony locations. Thanks for the info ladies!
  • edited December 2011
    Check the Trenton Church of Christ. I am fairly certain it is $400 or $500, and I would assume it would include the officiant.
  • missmelanie81missmelanie81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married in the chapel in Heritage park in Taylor..but I think its runs about $1000. My FMIL is paying for it so Im not 100% sure. I do like the chapel at Crystal gardens though. Its ver nuteral colored and pretty.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    200image 167image 32image 1image RSVP Date: May 1st
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Kristie, I will have to look into that. Melanie yeah I think it is about that price, It is very nice and you have the whole park for pictures! My soon to be brother and sister in law were married there. We might just have to end up doing Crystal Gardens. It is VERY nice, but I could use the couple $100 extra somewhere else. Thanks everyone
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards