Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Vendor Reviews - a bit long ;)

I found when people posted the list of vendors they used it was very helpful to find the ones not advertised all over TK and other wedding websites, please PM me if you have any questions on my vendors, I was happy with everyone!

Venue/Catering - Merrimack Valley Golf Club/Simply Elegant Catering, Methuen, MA

Simply Elegant Catering is their in house caterer, they do caterer other venues as well. The venue is beautiful and the coordinators, Sam and Michelle really take care of you like you are their own. Food was amazing, you have so many options and a very good tasting! We got married on site, which they built this past spring, there is a waterfall feature, trellis. beautiful paved aisle to walk down, and the views....omg!

Engagement Pictures/Photobooth - Nancy Stronach of NS Photography, Lowell, MA  www.nancystronach.com

GET A PHOTOBOOTH! Just my advice, it was so fun, the pictures are hilarious and your going to love the simplicity and quality of the pictures. 

I can't say enough good things about Nancy, she did an amazing job on our engagement photos, she is so easy to work with and loves what she does. You can tell in her work! 

Wedding Photographer - Woods Photo & Design - Lowell, MA

OK, you are going to ask, now if Nancy is so amazing, why didn't you hire her for your wedding pictures?? Well because she was IN my wedding :) I most certainly asked for her recommendation and she suggested the Woods brothers. I love their style in their photos, they are fun to work with and I canNOT wait to see the rest of my pictures!!!! 

JP - Beverly Cook, Reading, MA

I do have to admit Beverly was my favorite vendor :) "Shopping" for a JP was like looking at a restaurant menu with add-ons. This process was my least favorite. You have JP's from all walks of life at all prices, you get a certain number of phone calls/emails. Yeah, I did not like looking for one! BUT when we met with Beverly we just knew.....and she hugged us on the way out! As soon as I got into the car I knew I loved her. On rehearsal day she was all business and on point organizing the whole thing from start to finish. The coordinators at the venue were impressed and said she was probably the best they have ever seen. The wedding ceremony was beautiful, she guided us through the whole process and I really appreciate her for that. 

DJ - Dave Lynch, Derry, NH

Dave was great, very professional and organized, there is a reason why you hire a DJ and not play music on an iPod. He now offers uplighting, which really made the room look amazing! He played everything we asked him to play and also threw in a 'newlywed' game. I wasn't so thrilled with at first but ended up being a very entertaining part of the night. 

Cake/Pastry - Gerrardo's, West Boylston, MA

Ok, you want a cake that tastes the SAME or better than a birthday cake but does not have an abnoxious price inflatted when you said wedding? I don't know any bakery in Mass/NH that can come close to his prices. They are unbelievable. What is even better than the price? The flavors/fillings are so yummy. Gerrardo is all bakery no sales. He tells you it straight, you have a cake tasting and pick what you like. We didn't just want cake, we wanted a small cake and pastries, he was happy to make that happen! 

Flowers - Freshwater Farms, Atkinson, NH (Rhonda Locke)

As a budget bride, flowers were not as important to me, if a dahlia cost $10 a stem...well hey, I guess I won't be having dahlias. That was my attitude about it, I just wanted simple, beautiful at a low cost, but I wasn't sure which flower was which. Picking out something in a magazine I really couldn't do. I had a rustic theme and Rhonda really got creative, went in her back cooler, pulled a few stems and was like "what do you think?" she did such an amazing job and just had so many ideas for my theme I loved. 

Hair/Makeup - Melanie Crane, Be Beautiful, Woburn, MA

Melanie had a few mixed reviews on this board, but I gave her a shot! I had done a trial with her that I didn't love, mainly because the style I thought I liked, just didn't fit me and my theme. Melanie worked with me, we came up with some more ideas and on wedding day my hair and makeup looked amazing. 

I hope you found my reviews helpful :) good luck to all the brides! 

Re: Vendor Reviews - a bit long ;)

• Options
    Thank you for this!  I'm actually contacting Gerrardo's this week about a cake tasting.  Our wedding venue suggested them as well.
    White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker 168 invited image | 61 are coming image | 10 can't make it image | 97 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: March 9th
  • Options
    I'm fairly new to all of this but what is a JP? Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards