Maine

RD invites

Okay so my original RD list was like 44 people.  Sounds like a lot but I had our entire immediate family (19 people), bridal party & dates (14ish) and then officiant & wife, flower girl & family, grandparents.  When I was telling FMIL who was on the list she was saying that his sisters didnt need to be invited because they won't need to be down there yet.  Which is true, but I still feel like I should invite them and if they want to come down early they could?  She said she didn't care but just didn't know why they would be here. 

Side note: they don't really understand that they are the parents of the groom and therefore part of the wedding.  It's a different culture and mind set where they are from. 

So question, should I be inviting all immediate family (even if they don't need to be at the rehersal?)

Re: RD invites

• edited December 2011
    I am inviting my sisters, even though neither are in the wedding (although their kids are).  I just think it would be strange to have RD without our brothers and sisters.  We have about 45 people coming to our RD, and that just includes immediate family, BP and their families. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    It seems weird not to invite them.  Even if your FMIL doesn't see why they should be involved, if the sisters are more in tune with the custom of inviting immediate family to the RD, then they might be upset not to get an invite.  Is your FMIL paying for the RD?  If that were the case, I think you might need to try to persuade her, but if she's not paying, I would just invite them and they can decide whether or not they want to travel earlier for it.  
  • edited December 2011
    I would absoluetly invite his sisters.  I'm surprised they wouldn't want them there, but like you said they may not "get" it.  I assume your FI wants them there and you want them there.  Definitely invite them and leave the choice about attending up to them.
    Married 9.4.11
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah that's what I figured.. to all of it!  haha.  FMIL is paying for it and she isn't against inviting them she just thought it was weird.  Just needed to make sure I wasn't crazy :) Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    I would invite them.  If they choose not to come than that is their decision, but I would plan on them and let them make the decision.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards