Ohio-Cleveland

Seeking party venue: Large, quality dance floor, A/C, BYO food

Hi, folks.

My sister suggested I try The Knot for ideas as she planned her wedding with a lot of help from the Pittsburgh Knotties several years ago.

I'm planning a wedding for Cleveland on 7/3/11. My fiancee and I will celebrate on that day in two parts: In the afternoon, we're having the wedding ceremony and a small reception for family during the day -- this part is already set up and ready to go.

But: later, at night (~8p-1a), we're planning to have a swing dancing party which will be open to more of our friends. At this venue, we're going to bring a band and serve light snacks and dessert which we will bring ourselves.

We want to have lots of room for dancing, plus a few tables and chairs for snacks and for people who'd like to sit.

Because of this setup, our needs are somewhat unique. We need:

-A large, wood, dance floor for around 200-400 people 

-Air conditioning

-Permission to bring own food

-Dry venue is OK, since our event is dry

We don't have a specific budget for this but we would like to SAVE money as much as possible! We would be happy with low key, non-fancy places. Possible locations might include churches, schools/colleges, old-fashioned social halls (Elk's Clubs etc.), community centers (YMCA?), etc.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! to anyone who can contribute some wisdom.

Re: Seeking party venue: Large, quality dance floor, A/C, BYO food

• JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The first that comes to mind is Springvale Ballroom in N. Olmsted. I actually attended a swing dance hosted there a few years ago. Not sure of their capacity offhand, but they have the big wooden dancefloor you require, and space for a band.
    http://www.north-olmsted.com/springvalegolfcourse.cfm

Another you may want to inquire about is the Columbia Ballroom on Royalton Rd. in Columbia Station.

One more location that periodically holds swing dances (according to www.clevelandswings.org) is the Lakewood Masonic ballroom.
    http://www.lakewoodmasonicfoundation.org/tourvirt.htm

And, the Hepcat Society of Swing club meets at Baldwin-Wallace college and holds dances at the student activities center.

Good luck! Sounds like you have a fun idea for a celebration!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards