Military Brides

Engagement pics in uniform

if any of you did engagement pics with your fiancee in uniform id love to see them! were getting ours done when hes recovered from his injury and wanted some ideas..thanks
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Engagement pics in uniform

• edited December 2011
    Lucky lucky lucky~ my husband doesn't want to take any pictures in his uniform, and already said that he wants to wear a suit for the wedding.. but he looks so handsome! Maybe I ought to switch it up and wear mine instead, hehe. I'm loving your guys' pictures, though!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    there was a link in the posts...

http://www.melissabiador.com/index2.php?v=v1

and she also has some posted to her BIO (in her siggy)
  • edited December 2011
    thanks i found them...im hoping some army brides post theirs...im a little biased lol :)
  • kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_engagement-pics-uniform?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:369cef3f-c9dc-4578-a10d-640d3da4e671Post:9acf4003-4aa1-4dab-9f92-86d69ac7a78c">Re: Engagement pics in uniform</a>:
    [QUOTE]thanks i found them...im hoping some army brides post theirs...im a little biased lol :)
    Posted by katelyn26[/QUOTE]

<div>Yes, we remember.</div><div>
    </div><div>I did a lot of googling prior to my pictures. <a href="http://www.carolinetran.net/blog/2009/08/military-engagement-photos-betty-brandon/">http://www.carolinetran.net/blog/2009/08/military-engagement-photos-betty-brandon/</a></div><div>
    </div><div>Just google and you'll find more. Most of the ones I found were Army. I would just caution against him wearing ACUs, since that's a combat uniform. </div>
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_engagement-pics-uniform?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:369cef3f-c9dc-4578-a10d-640d3da4e671Post:9acf4003-4aa1-4dab-9f92-86d69ac7a78c">Re: Engagement pics in uniform</a>:
    [QUOTE]thanks i found them...im hoping some army brides post theirs...im a little biased lol :)

<div>We ALL remember.  Maybe you can find a specific Army brides board then, because you know, the rest of us are all just bitches.</div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    dnbeach : YGPM :)
    edited December 2011
    Back at you Shan!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Beach, I love You.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I know that the Navy and the Marine Corps, you aren't really supposed to wear your cami's out in public. Like you can stop and get gas on your way home, but its a big no no to wear them for anything else. Because it is a combat uniform. I'm 99% sure that any combat uniform shouldn't be worn except for work, and combat. I'm just saying. IMO, I wouldn't wear my camis for anything frivilous, especially not take my EPics in them, and my H feels the same way. But your FI is Army, I'm sure they have different rules.
    Photobucket
  • Sammy0709Sammy0709 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

Personal opinion here.  If I had gotten E-pics, DH and I both would have wanted him in his dress uniform.  He loooooves being in pics with his medals and wouldn't have it any other way.  Your FI should have all of his uniforms ready at all times anyway.  In the Navy they call it having a full sea bag I think.  DH would never think about wearing camies (especially his desert digis.equivalent to ACU's) in something he will be looking at forever.  There are a lot of memories that he wouldn't want to think about while looking at a picture that is supposed to invoke happiness.

edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_engagement-pics-uniform?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:369cef3f-c9dc-4578-a10d-640d3da4e671Post:d2002d16-028d-4601-8d1c-74b0608560fc">Re: Engagement pics in uniform</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know that the Navy and the Marine Corps, you aren't really supposed to wear your cami's out in public. Like you can stop and get gas on your way home, but its a big no no to wear them for anything else. Because it is a combat uniform. I'm 99% sure that any combat uniform shouldn't be worn except for work, and combat. I'm just saying. IMO, I wouldn't wear my camis for anything frivilous, especially not take my EPics in them, and my H feels the same way. But your FI is Army, I'm sure they have different rules.
    Posted by SamiJoeB[/QUOTE]

DH got an email recently saying that Navy camies are approved for short off base errands (gas station, drycleaner, etc.)  I'm not sure how long ago he got it.  Marine camies are still on base only, though.
  • edited December 2011
    Class A's *are* being phased out (you're talking about the green ones?), but you still might be able to use them for your pics - I was a guest at a wedding in October last year and the groom and groomsmen wore them. I'm not sure about the rules for such things though, or if there's a specific date in place that you're really supposed to stop using them.

I've seen lots of soldiers from Ft Bragg going around in public in the ACU's - at fast food places, in the mall, in the grocery store. I have no idea if it's against the rules or not... it seems to me that the 82nd has a habit of making up their own rules... but my guess is that it's not forbidden to do, just from the sheer number of people I see do it. (Marine ladies: they're not allowed to wear their uniform off base? Like, at all? Do they have to bring PTs, uniform, AND civvies to work everyday??)

Even if it's allowed - he has to wear ACU's all the time!!! My Fi definitely gets tired of them - he specifically requested avoiding camoflage entirely for the wedding. ACU overkill is definitely something to consider.
    White Knot Visit The Knot! Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • ESquared423ESquared423 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The green Class As are being phased out, but that does not mean they cannot still be worn until they are. My fiance still has the green ones and wears them to the appropriate functions..many soldiers do, while others wear the blue. Until they are officially phased out, the green ones are acceptable and appropriate. Your fiance should already have all of his awards and pins on his green Class As. Like a PP said, he needs to have all of his uniforms ready at all times.

The ACU uniform can be worn in public ONLY if worn appropriately and if it has not been prohibitied by the Commander. It may NOT be worn in off-post establishments where food and alcohol are being served.

"THE ACU IS NOT NORMALLYCONSIDERED APPROPRIATE FOR
    SOCIAL OR OFFICIAL FUNCTIONS OFF THE INSTALLATION, SUCH AS MEMORIAL
    SERVICES, FUNERALS, WEDDINGS, INAUGURALS, PATRIOTIC CEREMONIES,
    ETC. THE ACU IS A COMBAT UNIFORM AND IS NOT INTENDED FOR WEAR AS AN
    ALL-PURPOSE UNIFORM WHEN OTHER UNIFORMS (CLASS A OR B, DRESS, AND
    MESS UNIFORM) ARE MORE APPROPRIATE."
    Quoted from http://www.armyg1.army.mil/hr/uniform/docs/ACU,%20BDU,%20DBDU%20approved%20message.pdf

Personally, my fiance can't wait to get out of his ACUs the second he gets through the door after work! I know he would never want to wear them for engagement photos. To each their own, I suppose.
    PersonalMilestone Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_engagement-pics-uniform?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:369cef3f-c9dc-4578-a10d-640d3da4e671Post:80e63272-8438-450a-99ab-0cea1a7fda43">Re: Engagement pics in uniform</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Engagement pics in uniform : DH got an email recently saying that Navy camies are approved for short off base errands (gas station, drycleaner, etc.)  I'm not sure how long ago he got it.  Marine camies are still on base only, though.
    Posted by Sammy0709[/QUOTE]

I believe I mentioned that in my post, specifically gas, and other short errands. Marine Camis are still only on base. OP, Basically everyone is telling you that ACU's are innapropriate for your EPics, as is not having all of your uniforms ready to go at any given time. But like I said, I'm sure the Army has it's own rules about that sort of thing.
    Photobucket
  • calindicalindi member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_engagement-pics-uniform?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:369cef3f-c9dc-4578-a10d-640d3da4e671Post:ea62b791-73a4-4594-8bee-1b8e68163a19">Re: Engagement pics in uniform</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Engagement pics in uniform : I believe I mentioned that in my post, specifically gas, and other short errands. Marine Camis are still only on base. OP, Basically everyone is telling you that ACU's are innapropriate for your EPics, as is not having all of your uniforms ready to go at any given time. But like I said, I'm sure the Army has it's own rules about that sort of thing.

Yeah, I remember reading the Marine rules... something about how necessary stops, such as fuel if it was less than a quarter tank or for food for children (but not a full grocery run), but that it should be extremely brief.  Very, VERY specific!

Just have him ask his chain of command - they'll let him know whether it's appropriate or not.  We're not the ones to ask on this sort of thing as we have no authority in the matter.

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_engagement-pics-uniform?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:369cef3f-c9dc-4578-a10d-640d3da4e671Post:53906242-1e8f-45f2-b71c-aede34664af4">Re: Engagement pics in uniform</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Engagement pics in uniform : Yeah, I remember reading the Marine rules... something about how necessary stops, such as fuel if it was less than a quarter tank or for food for children (but not a full grocery run), but that it should be extremely brief.  Very, VERY specific! Just have him ask his chain of command - they'll let him know whether it's appropriate or not.  We're not the ones to ask on this sort of thing as we have no authority in the matter.
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]
    I wasnt asking you guys whether he can wear them bc hes going to i just wanted to see other military bride's e-pics
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_engagement-pics-uniform?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:369cef3f-c9dc-4578-a10d-640d3da4e671Post:a5e3116c-597f-4dbf-9d7d-418e013eccdf">Re: Engagement pics in uniform</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Engagement pics in uniform : how about no...ive googled results and theres a captain that did his in his acus u guys blow everything out of proportion...all i wanted to see was how fellow military bride's epics turned out

First of all, you don't want "fellow military brides" pictures, you specifically want fellow Army brides because you think the only branch that matters is the Army.  You saw Stan's gorgeous examples of e-pics, but they weren't good enough for you because they aren't Army.  <div>
    </div><div>Second of all, the girls are telling you that what you want to do isn't supposed to be allowed, yet you refuse to listen, as you think you are smarter than everyone here, and we are all just out to make your life miserable.  God forbid you get it through your stubborn, immature head and realize that maybe you're just wrong.  </div><div>
    </div><div>I don't care if you saw a Captain wearing them in some random google pic you found.  For all you know he has the same attitude as you and your FI, and said "screw the rules I'm doing what I want."  But you know, don't listen to rules, take the word of some random googled stranger.</div><div>
    </div><div>And also, you act like the things we tell you are just us being bitches, when really all of these "stupid rules" are things that people have been stripped of rank for in the past, and even denied reenlistment for.  Again though, what the hell do we know, we are just bitches who troll the internet waiting for innocent brides like yourself to come here so we can trample all your hopes and dreams for your wedding day.</div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_engagement-pics-uniform?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:369cef3f-c9dc-4578-a10d-640d3da4e671Post:b4ca8c51-e823-43ae-86bf-855726519f4c">Re: Engagement pics in uniform</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Engagement pics in uniform : First of all, you don't want "fellow military brides" pictures, you specifically want fellow Army brides because you think the only branch that matters is the Army.  You saw Stan's gorgeous examples of e-pics, but they weren't good enough for you because they aren't Army.   Second of all, the girls are telling you that what you want to do isn't supposed to be allowed, yet you refuse to listen, as you think you are smarter than everyone here, and we are all just out to make your life miserable.  God forbid you get it through your stubborn, immature head and realize that maybe you're just wrong.   I don't care if you saw a Captain wearing them in some random google pic you found.  For all you know he has the same attitude as you and your FI, and said "screw the rules I'm doing what I want."  But you know, don't listen to rules, take the word of some random googled stranger. And also, you act like the things we tell you are just us being bitches, when really all of these "stupid rules" are things that people have been stripped of rank for in the past, and even denied reenlistment for.  Again though, what the hell do we know, we are just bitches who troll the internet waiting for innocent brides like yourself to come here so we can trample all your hopes and dreams for your wedding day.
    Posted by dnbeach12[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Ok honestly I wanted to see more than hers because hers weren't that impressive and I also wanted to specifically see the Army ones bc I wanted to see what the girls wore when he wore his uniform

</div>
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_engagement-pics-uniform?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:369cef3f-c9dc-4578-a10d-640d3da4e671Post:ea62b791-73a4-4594-8bee-1b8e68163a19">Re: Engagement pics in uniform</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Engagement pics in uniform : I believe I mentioned that in my post, specifically gas, and other short errands. Marine Camis are still only on base. OP, Basically everyone is telling you that ACU's are innapropriate for your EPics, as is not having all of your uniforms ready to go at any given time. But like I said, I'm sure the Army has it's own rules about that sort of thing.

yeah I see that now.  I was having a brain fart when I wrote this.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_engagement-pics-uniform?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:369cef3f-c9dc-4578-a10d-640d3da4e671Post:1e2d13d5-c47b-481e-a757-fb41658c1f7c">Re: Engagement pics in uniform</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Engagement pics in uniform : Ok honestly I wanted to see more than hers because<strong> hers weren't that impressive</strong> and I also wanted to specifically see the Army ones bc I wanted to see what the girls wore when he wore his uniform

Well, aren't you a peach...
  • ANDZIMM54ANDZIMM54 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     Hey high speeds i see you have nothing better to do than sit on the internet and bitch but just heads up..... Do your homework before you start to make your posts, this is from the official memo put out to prescribe the use of ACU's (i even underlined the important parts so try to keep up)....................
    .5. THE ACU WEAR POLICY.
    5A. THE NEW ACU IS USED AS A COMBAT UNIFORM DESIGNED TO BE WORN UNDER BODY ARMOR. THE UNIFORM IS PRESCRIBED FOR YEAR-ROUND WEAR FOR ALL SOLDIERS, UNLESS OTHERWISE DIRECTED BY THE COMMANDER. SOLDIERS MAY WEAR THE ACU OFF POST UNLESS PROHIBITED BY THE COMMANDER. THE ACU WILL NOT BE WORN FOR COMMERCIAL TRAVEL UNLESS AUTHORIZED BY AR 670-1, PARAGRAPH 1-10C. THE ONLY EXCEPTION TO POLICY IS FOR SOLDIERS PARTICIPATING IN THE REST AND RECUPERATION PROGRAM. ANY OTHER EXCEPTION TO POLICY MUST BE SUBMITTED TO THE DEPUTY CHIEF OF STAFF, G-1 FOR APPROVAL. PERSONNEL WILL NOT WEAR THE ACU IN OFF-POST ESTABLISHMENTS THAT PRIMARILY SELL ALCOHOL. IF THE OFF-POST ESTABLISHMENT SELLS ALCOHOL AND FOOD, SOLDIERS MAY NOT WEAR THE ACU IF THEIR ACTIVITIES IN THE ESTABLISHMENT CENTER ON DRINKING ALCOHOL. THE ACU IS NOT NORMALLY CONSIDERED APPROPRIATE FOR SOCIAL OR OFFICIAL FUNCTIONS OFF THE INSTALLATION, SUCH AS MEMORIAL SERVICES, FUNERALS, WEDDINGS, INAUGURALS, PATRIOTIC CEREMONIES, ETC.THE ACU IS ISSUED AS A COMBAT UNIFORM AND IS NOT INTENDED FOR WEAR AS AN ALL-PURPOSE UNIFORM WHEN OTHER UNIFORMS (CLASS A OR B, DRESS, AND MESS UNIFORM) ARE MORE APPROPRIATE. THE COMMANDER MAY PRESCRIBE ORGANIZATIONAL AND INDIVIDUAL EQUIPMENT ITEMS IAW CTA 50-900 WHEN THE ACU IS PRESCRIBED FOR PARADES, REVIEWS AND CEREMONIES. THE COMMANDER MAY AUTHORIZE THE WEAR OF SUBDUED PIN ON COMBAT, SPECIAL SKILL, AND IDENTIFICATION BADGES IN GARRISON. COMBAT AND SPECIAL SKILL BADGES WILL NOT BE SEWN OR ATTACHED USING HOOK AND LOOP PADS ON THE ACU. SEWING OF THE RANK INSIGNIA ON THE ACU PATROL CAP, ACU SUN HAT, AND KEVLAR CAMOUFLAGE COVER IS AUTHORIZED
    so as long as he's not wearing them to his wedding which it has been made very clear that he is not, and they don't plan for one of their engagement pictures to be posed with a keg. ITS FINE. If you guys are so worried about Military appearance, i would suggest you all drop the catty BS..... its just embarrassing.
  • edited December 2011

I'm sorry, and you are?

OP dig her own hole a few weeks ago when she acted so snotty and disrespectful of the other branches. She insulted Stan's GORGEOUS photos, and asked to see other Army Brides EPics w ACU's.. take the hint, if no one has posted any... they probably followed the uniform regulations and didn't have thier FI take EPics in them. They should be taken in a dressier uniform.. Oh wait, He doesn't have those ready. Sorry if we don't all bend over backwards to help her when she's made it quite clear that she thinks the only branch that matters is the Army. But I guess she and her FI don't have that much respect for the rules and regs of any branch if they are so eager to break them. Idk if the freakin Commandant of the Marine Corps wore cami's in his EPics (which would NEVER happen), EPics are still not an appropriate place for ACU's, or any camoflauged uniform. As a dear friend of mine says "Tacky is Timeless". OP, Best of Luck on your EPics, Wedding and Life.

Photobucket
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_engagement-pics-uniform?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:369cef3f-c9dc-4578-a10d-640d3da4e671Post:53906242-1e8f-45f2-b71c-aede34664af4">Re: Engagement pics in uniform</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Engagement pics in uniform : Yeah, I remember reading the Marine rules... something about how necessary stops, such as fuel if it was less than a quarter tank or for food for children (but not a full grocery run), but that it should be extremely brief.  Very, VERY specific! Just have him ask his chain of command - they'll let him know whether it's appropriate or not.  We're not the ones to ask on this sort of thing as we have no authority in the matter.
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]

<div>Even this sort of thing is a no go now in the MC. It has to literally be an emergency.</div><div>
    </div><div><span style="border-collapse:collapse;color:#0000ff;font-size:16px;font-family:'Times New Roman';line-height:normal;" class="Apple-style-span"><strong><span style="font-size:9pt;font-family:Tahoma;">WEAR OF THE COMBAT UTILITY UNIFORM</span></strong><span style="font-family:Tahoma;" class="style501"><span style="font-size:9pt;">  Per </span></span><span style="font-family:Tahoma;" class="style501"><span style="font-size:9pt;color:purple;"><a style="color:blue;font-weight:bold;text-decoration:underline;" href="http://<a href=">www.marcorsyscom.usmc.mil/sites/mcub/PAGES/07%20ALMARS.htm</a>"><strong><span style="font-family:Tahoma;color:purple;">ALMAR 035/07</span></strong></a></span></span><span style="font-family:Tahoma;" class="style501"><span style="font-size:9pt;">, when the combat utility uniform is worn during the summer months the desert MarPat uniform will be worn with the sleeves up.  In the winter the woodland MarPat will be worn with the sleeves down.  Effective immediately, if you are wearing the combat utility uniform you may not do so out in town/off base.  If you commute in the uniform you may exit your vehicle only in bona fide emergencies.  Waiver requests to these policy changes may be submitted to CMC via the Uniform Board (see POC below). </span></span></span></div><div><span style="border-collapse:collapse;color:#0000ff;font-size:16px;font-family:'Times New Roman';line-height:normal;" class="Apple-style-span"><span style="font-family:Tahoma;" class="style501"><span style="font-size:9pt;">
    </span></span></span></div><div><span style="border-collapse:collapse;color:#0000ff;font-size:16px;font-family:'Times New Roman';line-height:normal;" class="Apple-style-span"><span style="font-family:Tahoma;" class="style501"><span style="font-size:9pt;">
    </span></span></span></div><div><font face="Tahoma" class="Apple-style-span" color="#0000FF"><span style="border-collapse:collapse;font-size:12px;line-height:normal;" class="Apple-style-span">
    </span></font></div>
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_engagement-pics-uniform?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:369cef3f-c9dc-4578-a10d-640d3da4e671Post:67ce391c-94d9-45ad-9556-d84821e03d7e">Re: GO FOR IT</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to GO FOR IT : I'm pretty sure OP made a new screen name to support herself...Either that or there's someone out there with the same name, same fiance's name, and same wedding date that has the same opinion on engagement pictures...If that is the case, this world is smaller than I thought. I also don't think she dislikes non-Army people, just people that won't agree with her. OP: You're misinterpreting AR-670-1. But I don't think you care. If he can get specific, signed permission from his commander saying he can wear his ACUs for engagement pictures (not just permission to wear them off post, off duty), go for it.  Good luck with that. Again, you will have to remove all identifiers from the uniform for the pictures.
    Posted by ArmyDoc[/QUOTE]

I Like you, very much!! I figured it was the same person, but I just don't care enough to look into it. Once I did look at it, she didn't even make any kind of an effort to hide who she was. I guess thats the sort of thing you have to do, when no one will come to your rescue from the rest of us Bitchy Military Wives & Brides.
    Photobucket
    edited December 2011
    OP- I wasn't even mean to you, despite having remembered how obnoxious you were last time you were on. I told you to google, because I found a ton, and even gave you an example. You insulted me for literally no good reason. But, it's the Marine wives who are evil, so I'm sure I somehow drove you to it.

Whether or not the ACUs are legally authorized for pictures is really not even the point. If your FI wants to do it, whatever. I just don't think you should pressure him to. People fight in that uniform, and they die in that uniform, and as I believe you know, people are wounded in them. IMHO, they're not for play. They're for wear during the duty day. I know the rules are different. I'm not even saying that the Army/AF rules are not as good as the Marine Corps rules. I know people can go into restaurants, malls, etc. That's the recruiting uniform as well. I think we're all just saying that with his combat experience (he was injured, correct?) that might not be the sort of photo he wants to look back at. He looks very squared away in your avatar pic, why not let him go with that one if it's still authorized? 

ETA: I personally would forgo the Manolos and buy the man a dress uniform.
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • edited December 2011
    actually it was my fiancee updating all of you on the rules of the uniform...as for what shoes i wear, thats my choice

i came to this board to see examples of e-pics but obviously this was misinterpreted so im done discussing this
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_engagement-pics-uniform?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:369cef3f-c9dc-4578-a10d-640d3da4e671Post:318cc4f8-50c2-418e-a91d-4a7b8cbcf749">GO FOR IT</a>:
    [QUOTE] THE ACU IS ISSUED AS A COMBAT UNIFORM AND IS NOT INTENDED FOR WEAR AS AN ALL-PURPOSE UNIFORM WHEN OTHER UNIFORMS (CLASS A OR B, DRESS, AND MESS UNIFORM) ARE MORE APPROPRIATE. 
    Posted by ANDZIMM54[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I think you should read your own quoted order. What we're all saying is that another uniform would be more appropriate here.

</div>
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • edited December 2011
    it may be a combat uniform but it is also approved for our pictures...were not going to be around food and alcohol and whatnot so its fine
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_engagement-pics-uniform?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:369cef3f-c9dc-4578-a10d-640d3da4e671Post:394cf623-dd49-4cdd-a795-04fb90252408">Re: Engagement pics in uniform</a>:
    [QUOTE]it may be a combat uniform but it is also approved for our pictures...were not going to be around food and alcohol and whatnot so its fine

<div>Well, thank GOODNESS he won't be around food! Problems solved.</div>
    I hate Dave Ramsey
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards