DC

Inexpensive Florist

stacie1044stacie1044 member
First Comment
We are looking for an inexpensive florist to do our flowers. Our budget is very small and we have 10 people in the bridal party (5 men and 5 women), plus the two of us and two sets of parents. We live in DC, but the wedding is in VA, so we are really willing to work with whomever. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Inexpensive Florist

• Inexpensive florist is like an oxymoron, I don’t think they exist. I looked everywhere for a florist, the whole process was really frustrating. I decided to go with Graceful Flowers by Patricia. You tell her an amount you want to spend and she will work with you to reach that goal. However her minimum is $1500. Good luck.

If you want to make your own bouquets you can order flowers in bulk from Costco, Sam’s Club, and Potomac Floral in MD. Also Wegman’s does flowers.

• I have an appointment with Convention Floral on 9th St NW next Monday. It's by Howard Univ. and U St. I heard she was very cheap and gives you gorgeous flowers with any type of budget, which was really important because my budget is low too. I'm not getting alot of flowers. Only bouquets for me and BMs and boutennieres for my groom and his men. Her name is Nubia, and she wants you to come in so you can sit down with her to give her your full envision, and then will give you an estimate at the end.
    May 2013 January Siggy: Cake.!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • We used Simply Elegant Affordable events they are on FB great prices, some of the arrangements in my bio are from her. Hope that helps plus didn't charge deliver or set up. 
  • Inexpensive is relative - it really depends on what you want and how much you want to spend.  

• go to your local Giant food.  they have wedding flower packages starting at $199.  If you choose one of their packages and make no changes to the flower choices, I think the most expensive is like $600.
    if you want different flowers they can work with you.
    http://www.giantfoodstores.com/shareddev/sharedcontent/OurStores/Departments/floral/signature.cfm
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards