Pennsylvania

Sweetheart Table!?

Has anyone heard of a sweatheart table!? I'm probably not going to do one because I want the whole bridal party at the front table. A friend suggested it to me but I want to know what people though of it..

Re: Sweetheart Table!?

• edited December 2011
    I am doing that for my wedding.  I think its a good idea so that way you and your groom have your own table in front of everyone and the bridal party is right below you.  It is good because they can sit with their dates or their family.  It is also an easier way to talk because the tables will be in a circle instead of a rectangle.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We did a sweetheart table for our wedding and sat our bridal party with their s/o's at the round guest tables nearest to us in the venue. For us it worked out perfectly. Both DH and I never cared for head table set ups and our BP was happy not to sit away from their family or dates. PIB if you are interested in seeing our set up. HTH
    "If wine is getting in the way of your work, get rid of the work."
    Updated Bio
    E-mail Me!
  • edited December 2011
    We are also doing a sweetheart table. We wanted to able to sit alone together and have our wedding party sit with their dates.
  • edited December 2011
    We're doing one. The bridal party can sit with their dates and not feel like they're on display. We can sit alone and have some time together, and also eat quickly so we can do table visits while everyone else eats.
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • deborah2121deborah2121 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are not doing one.  Instead, we are sitting at a regular round table with some of our bridal party and their dates/wives/etc.  I want to spend the night with my husband and the people closest to us, and we eat together every night so it's not that big of a thing for me.  I am not into head tables or sweetheart tables, but apparently I'm not the norm.  You have to decide what's right for you! In order to get at least 30 minutes of alone time, we are riding in a private car to the reception while the bridal party takes the limo bus.
  • edited December 2011
    we did one -- we sat for maybe 3 minutes all night, so it really didn't matter -- but no way were we "displaying" our bridal party and making their friends and dates sit somewhere else.  They sat where they wanted and we sat up front and ate fast.
  • NukkeNukke member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, we're doing a sweetheart table also.  Our "head table" has our family instead of our bridal party.  Seating our bridal party plus their dates at the head table would have meant that the head table was too large, so we thought our immediate family would be a better solution.  So we have a little sweetheart table--allowing FI and I just a bit of privacy during the excitement and whirlwind of the reception--with his family at a head table flanking him, and mine flanking me. 
    Our Wedding Website
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards