Flowers
Options

Blue Orchids

Hi All...this is my first post to theknot!  I have fallen in love the blue orchids.  I am curious to know if anyone has used or is planning to use blue orchids in their bouqets and if so what flowers you used with them.  Also what where your wedding colors and what color did your bridesmaids wear?

I am thinking about making this orchid the central focus for my color scheme and wedding theme.

Re: Blue Orchids

• Options
    Vonetra224Vonetra224 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello! I am also using blue orchids in my bouquet. You can use blue orchids with Lilies, White roses or you can use fuchsia orchids if you wan that tropical look. My wedding colors are Malibu blue and Kiwi. Welcome to the knot and happy planning!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker "Don't marry the person you can live with, marry the person you can't live without."
  • Options
    Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    You could have jewel toned colors like dark pinks, dark purples and greens.  The sapphire color matches with almost any color palette so you could go bright with yellows and whites or more extravagant with the jewel tones.  I am not sure when your wedding is but if it is in the winter (or even if it is not) you could do a nice mix of white, silver and the deep sapphire blue.

As far as flower choices, any flower would be great with the orchids.  You could go the tropical route with lilies, anthurium, protea, etc or you could use the more traditional roses and hydrangeas.  But since you want to keep the orchids as your central focus I would choose flowers and colors that accent and compliment the orchid rather than compete with it.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    really nice photo but I would be scared to death to use them against a white gown... they are dyed with a solution that is used in the water and taken up into the flower...if they dripped dye on my dress I would just freak...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    As long as the stems are not exposed you are ok. The flower will not rub off blue. If the bottom of the stems are exposed or if one breaks, then it could leak dye. Ask your florist and make sure your stems are well covered.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't know they were dyed. That kind of makes me sad :(  Because I really wanted them. now I  might not
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Does any one know how much they are? I am doing blue and black and I am only going to have them in mine. For my brides maids I'm going to do black and blue roses

• Options
    Me too. I want the blue orchids and can't find them
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards