Georgia-Atlanta

Carl House Brides

I just heard from my brother who works in the hotel industry that the event venue called Carl House in Auburn is without a chef. I don't know any details, but apparently their executive chef quit without much notice and they have no replacement or even a sous chef to takeover. Thought I'd pass this along for anyone who might be conisdering this venue or who might already be booked there. You might want to find out what is going on and why they don't have a chef or a backup plan. So Scary!! Makes me happy I bought the wedding insurance my planner recommended!!

Re: Carl House Brides

• edited December 2011
    Hmm... This is the second time this was posted and it is the only post made by this person. That makes me a little suspicious. CC
  • mariewebbmariewebb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry Cat, but I reposted this to make sure the right brides saw it. If anyone has a question or doubts what I heard call Carl House directly and ask for Chef Melanie. I know for a fact now that she is no longer there and from what I've heard they have yet to hire or announce a replacement. I don't mean any harm other than to give a heads up to my fellow knotties who might want to address concerns about the high turnover there including now there chef.
  • edited December 2011
    When I read this last week I was very upset because I just booked my wedding at Carl House which has been my dream venue for several years.  I soon as I read it I called and spoke with Brooke (the sales girl) and she definitely made me feel better.  Chef melanie is no longer there and the leave was not unexpected.  The chef had another opportunity and took it and gave a notice and stayed to work several more weddings.  They do have a new chef who has a great background and I went by late yesterday to meet him, very nice guy!  So for anyone else who has booked or looking to book at Carl House, have no fears.   They seem to have it very well together there and are always VERY helpful.  Brooke will set up an appointment for you to meet with the new chef if you have any reservations.  My best friend was married at Carl House a little over a year ago and she had the most wonderful experience and everything was perfect.  I have confidence that I will have the same experience.
  • mariewebbmariewebb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is good news Fentresswedding! I'm sure you are relieved to meet the new chef and to pass this along to others. I'm sure they wouldn't be opposed if you or anyone else who had concerns about the culinary changes there were to request a food tasting. I certainly would!
    Happy planning!

Speaking of tastings....I posted a thread the other day that I can't find now asking about tastings. Ugh, I hate when that happens. I'll need to try again because I need some knottie advice for my cousin.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards