Military Brides

Rant... Kind of..

Has anyone else noticed that as soon as you get engaged, or even before you're "officially" engaged, but you know it's coming, that you're like super tuned in to other girls/couples getting engaged. When I first got engaged, My eyes automatically went to other girls hands to check out if they were engaged or married. I was like a total ring stalker. I loved looking at other girls engagement rings. I think all rings are just beautiful & so different!! I used to get so side tracked when I would see the flash or sparkle of another girls diamond. I just wanted to go and talk to her about it.. I rarely ever did though... that would have been weird right? So NOW... I am constantly surrounded by Pregnant women. I almost got plowed down by one at Macy's the other day!! I think maybe it's the law of attraction. Has anyone else read The Secret?  But I have baby fever bad, and it's like everywhere I go there will be a baby, or a pregnant belly in my face which is wonderful, but at the same time I want to have a baby, and I want to be pregnant, but that is really hard to acomplish when your husband is 3,000 miles away. Ugh.

So... Has anyone read any good books lately? Tongue out
Photobucket

Re: Rant... Kind of..

• kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I think people just knock a lot of boots during the warm summer months, and so lots of people are KU right about now. ;)
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • Epic07032011Epic07032011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL. I get it. I totally get it!

Ever read
    Watership Down?
  • edited December 2011
    Maybe read the thread on Etiquette where everyone is in sticker shock about how much it costs to have a bambino.

Definitely scared another year or two into my wait to having a little guy. Even despite dependent pay and mil health care.
  • edited December 2011
    I started to noticed after I got engaged all the wedding commericals on the radio and my FI didn't believe me that they were not there before. We got engaged over Christmas though so I'm sure there was a high increase since its a popular time. My FI just said - you're engaged now and are more aware thats why you are noticing it. I have to agree with him.
    I on the other hand have no baby fever whatsoever. I want kids but if I had a kid right now I would have no idea what to do LoL. I need more practice with my Nephew. Not to mention I was there for my sister when she had to have an emergency C-Section which also scared me back a while. FI and I have a 5 yr Baby plan hahaha I told him I would like to start before I'm 30 so we have 6-7 more yrs.
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aww, Sam, hang in there!  It's such a transition time for you right now, it makes total sense that you're craving the next step of having a baby.  Before you know it, you'll be living with your husband and you'll be able to indulge that desire, if you guys want!  On your wedding day, you thought it would be over a year before you'd be able to live together, and now you might be together much sooner!  So hang in there!!!!

Anniversary

• Beachy730Beachy730 member
    edited December 2011
    Sam I'll have that urge whenever I see an adorable infant.  But it usually fades at times like last night.  We had one of our family association meetings, and I saw all these young wives with toddlers running around like crazy, and they all look frazzled.  That vision alone makes me know it's well worth the wait until H's ship goes into dry dock.  Between finishing his sea duty there, then going on shore duty after, I'm thrilled to have about 5 years or so with no chance (hopefully) of deployment.  So I'm gladly waiting to have kids until then.  Haha I told H that there is no way I'm getting pregnant unless he is going to be there to suffer through all of it with me!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • calindicalindi member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_rant-kind-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:5ac2f62d-03de-4c1d-b219-1e872616fe27Post:f752c7f4-1525-43c0-9f70-f3d252452ac2">Re: Rant... Kind of..</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haha I told H that there is no way I'm getting pregnant unless he is going to be there to suffer through all of it with me!
    Posted by dnbeach12[/QUOTE]

That's our plan, too!  Here's hoping the Marines didn't lie during recruitment and BF really won't be deploying much after his first few years since he'll be tied to a base as a JAG.

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    Hahaha... I knew you girls would understand. Ya'll are THE BEST!!!Wink
    Photobucket
  • JynxeyJynxey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hahaha I constantly do that with rings. I am not at baby fever yet, but I do have puppy fever, bad. lol And I definitely notice new puppies everywhere! haha
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_rant-kind-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:5ac2f62d-03de-4c1d-b219-1e872616fe27Post:f752c7f4-1525-43c0-9f70-f3d252452ac2">Re: Rant... Kind of..</a>:
    [QUOTE] Haha I told H that there is no way I'm getting pregnant unless he is going to be there to suffer through all of it with me!
    Posted by dnbeach12[/QUOTE]

SAME! - however, then he pulled the "Babe, you know I have to have mandatory 8 hours rest each night/ btwn duties" My Reply - well it looks like you'll get Wknd Duty EVERY wknd then ;)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_rant-kind-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:5ac2f62d-03de-4c1d-b219-1e872616fe27Post:b0272188-52b3-4f73-b9ad-d802257daf2a">Re: Rant... Kind of..</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hahaha I constantly do that with rings. I am not at baby fever yet, but I do have puppy fever, bad. lol And I definitely notice new puppies everywhere! haha
    Posted by Jynxey[/QUOTE]

Puppies are very similar to Babies! Although you don't have to wake up to them crying for food you will have to wake up for them crying to go potty!!! I told FI after I got my puppy that this is why we have a 5yr baby plan. I love my sleep way too much. Luckily with a puppy they get the potty way faster than children!! I wanted a dog all my life and everyone kept telling me they are a of work and I thought I knew but needless to say I was still surprised. She is worth it though :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards