Michigan-Lansing

Simple Outdoor DIY Ceremony/Reception Places

Okay, brides.. I need your help! I have searched ALL over the internet for places to have my wedding.. but I don't like any of the traditional banquet halls, churches, etc. I am looking for something simple, outdoor, garden-y that I can add a few decorations to. Such as hang lanterns from a tree or laurel leaf garland. My vision is organic/rustic garden party.. all neutral tones, no crazy colored flowers everywhere! I'm pretty much looking for a BIG park/garden space with trees and shrubbery. I have 200-275 people.

Anywhere in the Ann Arbor, Lansing, Oakland County, Genesee County areas.

I LOVE The Greencrest Manor, but its too far (2 hours away from Fenton, MI) It would be perfect if it were 1 hour away.

I also found The Garden Park in Holly, MI but it only seats 160 and is very overpriced.
I am considering Sunken Gardens in Fenton, but I'm worried about getting electricity down there, bathrooms, as well as if it rains that week the grass will be very soaked.

Any suggestions? Parks? Gardens? Areas you've seen on the roads??

Re: Simple Outdoor DIY Ceremony/Reception Places

• Have you looked at the MSU Horticultural Garden, The English Inn in Eaton Rapids, Woldumar Nature Center in Lansing, Rosewood B&B?
  • The garden in Francis Park in Lansing might be what you are looking for.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-lansing_simple-outdoor-diy-ceremonyreception-places?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:96Discussion:484c0853-ab29-47db-ade1-ff9416191cbfPost:290d4192-fea6-460b-966e-e55c911c9d7e">Simple Outdoor DIY Ceremony/Reception Places</a>:
    [QUOTE]Okay, brides.. I need your help! I have searched ALL over the internet for places to have my wedding.. but I don't like any of the traditional banquet halls, churches, etc. I am looking for something simple, outdoor, garden-y that I can add a few decorations to. Such as hang lanterns from a tree or laurel leaf garland. My vision is organic/rustic garden party.. all neutral tones, no crazy colored flowers everywhere! I'm pretty much looking for a BIG park/garden space with trees and shrubbery. I have 200-275 people. Anywhere in the Ann Arbor, Lansing, Oakland County, Genesee County areas. I LOVE  The Greencrest Manor , but its too far (2 hours away from Fenton, MI) It would be perfect if it were 1 hour away. I also found The Garden Park in Holly, MI but it only seats 160 and is very overpriced. I am considering Sunken Gardens in Fenton, but I'm worried about getting electricity down there, bathrooms, as well as if it rains that week the grass will be very soaked. Any suggestions? Parks? Gardens? Areas you've seen on the roads??
    Posted by laurenmfortner[/QUOTE]
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-lansing_simple-outdoor-diy-ceremonyreception-places?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:96Discussion:484c0853-ab29-47db-ade1-ff9416191cbfPost:faa476b9-5e33-47cf-80f0-a401b101f3b5">Re: Simple Outdoor DIY Ceremony/Reception Places</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you looked at the MSU Horticultural Garden, The English Inn in Eaton Rapids, Woldumar Nature Center in Lansing, Rosewood B&B?
    Posted by gailpete[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Great ideas! Thank you!! I didn't like the english inn's banquet hall, but loved the outdoors. The Rosewood Inn would have been beautiful but it's wayy over my budget :( The Woldumar Nature Center looks neat, but may be a little too "country" for me.. I don't think I want to have it in a barn. </div><div>
    </div><div>Thank you so for your help though, I appreciate it!! 

</div>
  • Check out Wellersweddings.com . It is a carriage house facility that has several different options for the reception and two locations on their grounds for the ceremony. The ceremony area to the right is very spacious and looks like it could accomodate the amount of people you are expecting, not to mention it is beatiful! It is located in Saline, MI., just outside of Ann Arbor.
  • Check out Wellersweddings.com . It is a carriage house facility that has several different options for the reception and two locations on their grounds for the ceremony. The ceremony area to the right is very spacious and looks like it could accomodate the amount of people you are expecting, not to mention it is beatiful! It is located in Saline, MI., just outside of Ann Arbor.
  • Fitzgerald Park in Grand Ledge is pretty...It's a county park that has lots of trees and rock ledges. It's simple. You may have to check out Eaton County Parks for information.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards