Favors

I can't decide how to do my favors

I had originally thought about some type of candy bag. But since my engagement, my grandfather passed away. He had fought a long hard battle with cancer and it took him from us. I then thought about maybe making a donation to the American Cancer Society in honor of my guests. This is very close to my heart as well as my fiances. I thought I might make a small bookmark or something to let my guests know of the donation in their honor. Any ideas on how I could manage this?

Re: I can't decide how to do my favors

• edited December 2011
    im so sorry for your loss, but i don't agree with charity favors, skip the favor and donate the money, but don't do it in your guests names or tell them about it, just do it as as a couple, but charitable donations aren't favors favors are I'm so glad you came to our wedding gifts
  • ambermaamberma member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just saw the post all about favors. I decided that we will do some type of favor and then also make a donation to the American Cancer Society in memory of my grandfather.
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_cant-decide-favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:616c6657-e9b2-493f-a3af-7f60f8939e05Post:c3db9ef1-1a9c-4061-abb4-92efeb96112c">Re: I can't decide how to do my favors</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just saw the post all about favors. I decided that we will do some type of favor and then also make a donation to the American Cancer Society in memory of my grandfather.
    Posted by amberma[/QUOTE]

Amber:  First, I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved grandpa.

But I'm glad that you realize that a donation to the ACS in his memory isn't a favor for your guests.

By all means, make your donation to ACS.  But there isn't any reason to make that part of your wedding.  I wouldn't even be announcing it at the wedding.

Have a candle for your grandpa if you'd like.  Have him mentioned in a prayer.  Mention him in your program. 

Just don't announce the donation.  Because they are two completely separate issues:  your wedding and your donation have no connection to each other.

Again, I hope each day gets easier for you.  My mom died 3 weeks before DD's wedding.  It was hard for DD to know that her beloved grandma wasn't with her on her wedding day.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • edited December 2011
    I have a close family friend that was lost to cancer.  A neat way to get your family together to remember your grandfather would be to participate in a relay for life together.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards