Wedding Woes
Options

Help! not happy with final wedding video!!

Hello everyone.  I just received my wedding video after being married for almost 6 years (most of that time was my fault).  My husband and I sat down to watch it and it was okay in the beginning but the further into the video we watched the more dissappointed I was.  The audio was horrible, we had shots of the back of peoples heads, and at one point during the reception we had a few seconds of just ceiling while I assume the videographer was moving from point A to B.  Would not be a problem if the wasn't the "edited" version.  The only time my husband and I appear in the reception section of the video is when we were doing our specialized dances or cutting the cake.  We are not in any of the candid video at all!  What can I do?  I was also supposed get the master tapes which I am assuming is the raw video but I haven't received it.  I understand the "you get what you pay for" but this was not the case.  We paid over $2,500 for just the videographer.  Please help!

Re: Help! not happy with final wedding video!!

• Options
    you waited 6 years, and admit that most of the delay was your fault. WTF do you want people to do? You're probably lucky that they have any of your video left after this long.  Check with your contract or complain to the BBB - otherwise just chuck it up to a poor investment and get over it.
  • Options
    Mel2005Mel2005 member
    First Comment

Waiting 6 years to get the video would not have change the quality of video taken that day.  So what I want is still what I paid for!  The reason part of that six years is my fault is because I didn't get him the baby photos for the photo montage in the begining very quickly.  That would have nothing to do with the vidoe of the actually ceremony or reception.  I would still expect a quality video of my wedding day whether or not I received it a month after my wedding or 6 years or 20 years.  My complaint is that he did not do my wedding day justice for the amount of money I paid him.  I would appreciate your response to my post if it was a little more helpful instead of snarky and telling me to suck it up. 

• Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_not-happy-final-wedding-video?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:1f77705e-8e89-44a9-8859-008d249dbba1Post:4320cd61-78a4-43b2-a2e8-4d51eeebf0a0">Re: Help! not happy with final wedding video!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Waiting 6 years to get the video would not have change the quality of video taken that day.  So what I want is still what I paid for!  The reason part of that six years is my fault is because I didn't get him the baby photos for the photo montage in the begining very quickly.  That would have nothing to do with the vidoe of the actually ceremony or reception.  I would still expect a quality video of my wedding day whether or not I received it a month after my wedding or 6 years or 20 years.  My complaint is that he did not do my wedding day justice for the amount of money I paid him.  I would appreciate your response to my post if it was a little more helpful instead of snarky and telling me to suck it up. 
    Posted by Mel2005[/QUOTE]
    well, it's hard to say 'suck it up' without sounding snarkya nd saying 'suck it up'

6 years later.
    It kinda sucks but...this is what happens when you're at the bottom of someone's list because this video is OBVIOUSLY not a priority for you (if it were a priority, it wouldn't have taken you 5 years to give him pictures)
  • Options
    Mel2005Mel2005 member
    First Comment
    I still don't think time should be an issue here.  You're right baby pictures were not a priority for me at the time because, buying a home and dealing with the death of my Grandfather and Going to school to finish my bachelor's while working full time were.  It still should have been a priority for him since this is how he make's his living and it is his business.  When he was shooting the video, he would have no way of knowing whether or not I would be coming for my video the next month or 5 years later.  I would think that the day of the wedding while he was shooting the video it would have been his "Priority" and I didn't see evidence of that. 
  • Options
    You're not going to get validation here.  You waited six years.  He had to hang onto all of that stuff for six years...things might've been ruined/misplaced/other mishappenings.  I'm surprised he even did it honestly.  Most wedding photographers/videographers I know have started putting in policies of "after X amount of time, no guarantee on protection" b/c of customers pulling this sort of stunt.

Take the raw footage and have someone cobble something else together for you.  But quite frankly, I think you're SOL.  He's worked for and stored information for six years.  He earned and probably spent more thank $2500 now.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_not-happy-final-wedding-video?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:1f77705e-8e89-44a9-8859-008d249dbba1Post:c5853f56-3903-47b4-b0dc-5886843ba041">Help! not happy with final wedding video!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello everyone.  I just received my wedding video after being married for almost 6 years (most of that time was my fault).  My husband and I sat down to watch it and it was okay in the beginning but the further into the video we watched the more dissappointed I was.  The audio was horrible, we had shots of the back of peoples heads, and at one point during the reception we had a few seconds of just ceiling while I assume the videographer was moving from point A to B.  Would not be a problem if the wasn't the "edited" version.  The only time my husband and I appear in the reception section of the video is when we were doing our specialized dances or cutting the cake.  We are not in any of the candid video at all!  What can I do?  I was also supposed get the master tapes which I am assuming is the raw video but I haven't received it.  I understand the "you get what you pay for" but this was not the case.  We paid over $2,500 for just the videographer.  Please help!
    Posted by Mel2005[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    Mel2005Mel2005 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2011
    I'm sorry I don't understand what it is you are saying by just reposting my original post. Thanks.
  • Options
    Mel2005Mel2005 member
    First Comment
    Awesome thanks for all your help ladies.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards