Michigan-Detroit

Nicole Michaels Bridal & Formal DO NOT USE!!!

I am writing this post to inform all of you of this unprofessional place located in Shelby Township, MI. called Nicole Michaels Bridal & Formal .First off me and my fiance are planning our wedding on a budget just like most couple and we try for the best deal we can get since we all know that weddings are very expensive these days. We tried this place for a dress since it wasw a smaller store and we like to give the "ma and pop shops" business.
We started looking in May 2012 and we found a dress here, little did we know we would lied to for the next 8 months. They are high pressure sales and force you to make a quick decision when the turn around time is faster than you would think. Nicole right off the bat stated that we were cutting it close looking for a dress in May 2012 for our wedding in Feb 2013. My bride found a dress and we loved it, but not because of the customer service but becasue Nicole takes credit for getting a dress and being the middle man, whatever. Anyways long story short the dress come sin 3 months EARLY and she demands payment ASAP! So we drop everything we are doing and pay her. From here my bride goes to get alterations whcih at the store was so unprofessional nobody helped her with her dress they were all concerned about a bachelorette party they were planning and ignored a customer. Nicole said it would be $150 max for alterations, nope $250 for the alerations. Another lie from Nicole. We decidied to see if my brides mother could do the alteration then, well Nicole gave us a run around and said the seamstress had to take out the pins. LIE! We do not live close to her and drove 45 minutes just to turn around and come back home  with nothing, We had to wait a full 2 weeks to go back since the seamstress was not in. So we call to make sure the pins are out and the girl tells us the Nicole is not in she had something going on. which to me was BS. But what do I know I'm just a customer, right ladies? Anyways we went to pick up the dress and the girl states that SHE took all the pins out! Wait, what? Caught in another LIE! Basically brides to be I'm warning you NOT to use this store for your dress. Your better off paying more for the customer service rather than deal with this ghetto place. The people are unprofessional and they tell you things just to make you buy from their store. We even brought her business by buying our nieces dress for our wedding from here, which by the way took longer to get in than a wedding dress, Oh and Nicole didn't order the fabric that was supposed to be my brides sash on her dress and now wants nothing to do with us or our business. NICOLE IS A LIAR AND IS AN UNPROFESSIONAL SALES PERSON. SHE NEVER RETURENS CALLS OR MAKES EXCUSES TO BRIDES. Ladies DO NOT go here, trust me. You will be sorry.

Re: Nicole Michaels Bridal & Formal DO NOT USE!!!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_nicole-michaels-bridal-formal-do-not-use?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:b563e563-97bc-4e26-9261-66a88e62753ePost:17cfd9ba-1f0a-4151-a45e-fd2ca7f3be16">Nicole Michaels Bridal & Formal DO NOT USE!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am writing this post to inform all of you of this unprofessional place located in Shelby Township, MI. called Nicole Michaels Bridal & Formal .First off me and my fiance are planning our wedding on a budget just like most couple and we try for the best deal we can get since we all know that weddings are very expensive these days. We tried this place for a dress since it wasw a smaller store and we like to give the "ma and pop shops" business. We started looking in May 2012 and we found a dress here, little did we know we would lied to for the next 8 months. They are high pressure sales and force you to make a quick decision when the turn around time is faster than you would think. Nicole right off the bat stated that we were cutting it close looking for a dress in May 2012 for our wedding in Feb 2013. My bride found a dress and we loved it, but not because of the customer service but becasue Nicole takes credit for getting a dress and being the middle man, whatever. Anyways long story short the dress come sin 3 months EARLY and she demands payment ASAP! So we drop everything we are doing and pay her. From here my bride goes to get alterations whcih at the store was so unprofessional nobody helped her with her dress they were all concerned about a bachelorette party they were planning and ignored a customer. Nicole said it would be $150 max for alterations, nope $250 for the alerations. Another lie from Nicole. We decidied to see if my brides mother could do the alteration then, well Nicole gave us a run around and said the seamstress had to take out the pins. LIE! We do not live close to her and drove 45 minutes just to turn around and come back home  with nothing, We had to wait a full 2 weeks to go back since the seamstress was not in. So we call to make sure the pins are out and the girl tells us the Nicole is not in she had something going on. which to me was BS. But what do I know I'm just a customer, right ladies? Anyways we went to pick up the dress and the girl states that SHE took all the pins out! Wait, what? Caught in another LIE! Basically brides to be I'm warning you NOT to use this store for your dress. Your better off paying more for the customer service rather than deal with this ghetto place. The people are unprofessional and they tell you things just to make you buy from their store. We even brought her business by buying our nieces dress for our wedding from here, which by the way took longer to get in than a wedding dress, Oh and Nicole didn't order the fabric that was supposed to be my brides sash on her dress and now wants nothing to do with us or our business. NICOLE IS A LIAR AND IS AN UNPROFESSIONAL SALES PERSON. SHE NEVER RETURENS CALLS OR MAKES EXCUSES TO BRIDES. Ladies DO NOT go here, trust me. You will be sorry.
    Posted by ryanchase[/QUOTE]

1. The amount of time that a wedding dress takes to get in has 0 to do with Nicole and all to do with the manufactor. Sometimes it takes 3 months, sometimes it takes almost a year. Mine took 9 months.

2. On the contract you sign when you buy the dress it says payment is due upon recieving the dress. I don't know why you were surprised by this.  Read what you sign.

3. The alterations lady at Nicole Michaels is indpendent from the store, so if you have issues with her that's one thing but you didn't have to get alterations done by her and stop projecting it like it was "the store". They are independent.
    June 16, 2012
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_nicole-michaels-bridal-formal-do-not-use?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:b563e563-97bc-4e26-9261-66a88e62753ePost:042161ec-6e94-4c70-90d4-00e9d1fb50bf">Re: Nicole Michaels Bridal & Formal DO NOT USE!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Nicole Michaels Bridal & Formal DO NOT USE!!! :
    1. The amount of time that a wedding dress takes to get in has 0 to do with Nicole and all to do with the manufactor. Sometimes it takes 3 months, sometimes it takes almost a year. Mine took 9 months.
    2. On the contract you sign when you buy the dress it says payment is due upon recieving the dress. I don't know why you were surprised by this.  Read what you sign.
    3. The alterations lady at Nicole Michaels is indpendent from the store, so if you have issues with her that's one thing but you didn't have to get alterations done by her and stop projecting it like it was "the store". They are independent.
    Posted by acaponi87[/QUOTE]

I agree with all of this.  I'm sorry you had a difficult time but it all just seemed to be miscommunication on everyones part about why all that happened.  Like all contracts, when you signed it you should have read every detail there. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards