Maryland

Venue with a Rustic/Country atmosphere

I'm looking for a place whether it be a barn, winery, mill, whatever! Anywhere that has a rustic or country feel, moderately priced, and in Carroll, Frederick, Baltimore, or Harford counties in MD or York County PA. I would ideally like to find a place that allows alcohol to be brought in ( to cut cost) however, I am open to all options. 

Re: Venue with a Rustic/Country atmosphere

• edited December 2011
    ThorpeWood is outside of Frederick. Rustic but elegant! They have about 15 sites you can get married at. I'm not sure what your idea of moderately priced is.

The Howard County Conservancy is also nice and nature-y, and so is Irvine Nature Center.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I also thought of Thorpewood.  It's a naturally beautiful place, cost was moderate compared to other places we looked at in the area, they give you I think 8 hours of rental time instead of the normal 4 around here, and they allow you to bring in your own alcohol.

Not sure if she's still around the E board, but knottie daffodil_jill had her wedding there a bit ago and has some amazing pictures of her wedding in her bio.
    Vacation

Vacation
  • kelseyrayekelseyraye member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    savage mill
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland_venue-rusticcountry-atmosphere?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:627Discussion:0c5f2afe-1fa1-45ca-9e7e-b7bf28598629Post:d3bfcef3-da6e-4669-b2af-2f6380ccfc90">Re: Venue with a Rustic/Country atmosphere</a>:
    [QUOTE]I also thought of Thorpewood.  It's a naturally beautiful place, cost was moderate compared to other places we looked at in the area, they give you I think 8 hours of rental time instead of the normal 4 around here, and they allow you to bring in your own alcohol. Not sure if she's still around the E board, but knottie daffodil_jill had her wedding there a bit ago and has some amazing pictures of her wedding in her bio.
    Posted by sunshine_day_dreams[/QUOTE]

Yep, you get eight hours. There is a mandatory two hour day-before rehearsal/drop off period.  This is fine for those who are staying in the area and can work around ThorpeWood's schedule. It's a pita for us, because we have to drive out there the day before in the morning, as there's a wedding that afternoon.

You can bring your own alcohol, but they have a required caterer. The caterer messed up at first, but then fixed their mistake beyond anything I'd ever dream.

All in all, it's been a mixed experience, but I can't wait to have the wedding there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    We are really happy with Morningside Inn so far. You have to use their caterer and bar, but their prices are fairly reasonable. It's in Frederick County, just inside the city limits, but is in the middle of nowhere.

• edited December 2011
    Fiore Winery (Pylesville)
    The Duke Farm (Fawn Grove, PA)
    Stone Mill Inn (Hallam, PA)
    Landis Valley Museum's yellow barn (I think Lancaster or Mountville, PA)
    Riverdale Manor (Lancaster, PA)

Lauxmont in Wrightsville PA is well advertised but has a lot of poor reviews since their legal issues started a few years back.
  • edited December 2011
    Try Oostertag Vistas. My friends wasn't thrilled with the owners, but in the end they cam through, and the location is stunning. Good luck!
  • polleypocketpolleypocket member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at the Stone Mill Inn.  I love it there.  They have a tent.  Inside location and beautiful grounds with 3 different locations to get married outside. http://www.stonemillinn.com/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards