June 2013 Weddings

Honeymoon!

Have any of you put any thought into where you are going to take your honeymoon?? I definitely  want to be somewhere warm, in the sand, with a cocktail in hand! :)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Honeymoon!

• I really want to head somewhere warm, with gorgeous beaches. All-inclusive would be great! I really want to go to Turks & Caicos, but it depends on how much we spend on the wedding. Also, the hurricane season scares me. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're thinking of Greece, or maybe Turkey. Thailand has come up, as well as Belgium. We are literally all over the map lol.
    Photobucket
  • We wanna take a cruise, either eastern or western caribbean. Pretty excited !
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Still deciding on a location but like you we want warm, cocktail in hand and couples massages lol

We're thinking something all inclusive. We have never been on vacation together OUT of the country in the 7 years we've been together (sad, I know) so we want it to be easy going, relaxing and fun. We'll definitely be splurging a little bit on our honeymoon/vacation LOL
    June '13 - Cake!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Books read in 2013 - 0/25
  • Funny this came up!  We just got word today that by thursday, we need to pick the vacation time from my FI's new job... up through Oct 2013!  I guess that means we need to at least pick dates and hope whatever we do falls on the right dates.  

Im thinking cruise to the Caribbean, but outta florida cuz out of Baltimore, you spend like 2 days at sea just getting there, so you dont get to enjoy the Caribbean as much.
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Pretty much like everyone else, I want to go somewhere warm, with cocktail in hand. I would be perfectly happy laying on the beach for a whole week, but FI likes to do other things. For some reason, he has ruled out a cruise. I am really pushing for Hawaii, I have never been there but he has.

Do you ladies realize when it is our HM time, it will be the start of Hurricane season? It has kinda scared me away from the Carribean a little bit!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We plan on taking an Eastern Caribbean cruise via the Royal Caribbean. We have looked into the boat/prices and think it would work well with what we want! We have also heard excellent reccomendations about the cruise line. It leaves from Florida the day after our wedding thru the following Sunday... perfect timing I think! We are going to wait awhile to book though because there seem to be pretty awesome deals for people booking 6-8 months in advance.

@sparkles - I definately thought about the whole Hurricane thing. My FSIL went on her honeymoon in July to the Carribbean and they didn't have any trouble at all. Hopefully since it will still be early Hurricane season there wouldn't be an issue.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We are going to do a tour of Ireland and maybe England as well. We both have family ties to Ireland, and my FI doesn't really care for laying out in the sun, so that pretty much cancels out a tropical honeymoon.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • @laura: My family loves going on cruises. Our favorite was through the Eastern Carribbean on Royal Carribbean. They are by far the best cruise line we've been on. You'll love it!
  • We are looking at Puerto Vallarta.  A friend just honeymooned there and highly recommended it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • "I definitely  want to be somewhere warm, in the sand, with a cocktail in hand! :)"-----------------almost my exact wordsto my fiance about what I want for a honeymoon!!
  • Ive done my research of locations that are Hurricane free zones, and it seems that Aruba is top on the list for not having to worry about that! So i am confident if you go around that area you should be okay.

We should all book somewhere together and do some group excursions, that would be fun! lol

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • we are going to Dominican Republic! we were just there and we loved it! it cost alot like for 5 nights its 6.000 dollars not including food and drinks! but my parent have a package that they pay...so it make it way cheaper...we pay 76 bucks a night  and food and drinks are free/all inclusive! its awesome! u call the lobby and they come and pick u up on a golf cart to take u anywhere you want to go on the resort!  Blue water, white sand and 90 degreees in DECEMBER!! awesome!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would love to go to the amalfi coast but that all depends on how much money we have left after all of the planning haha....Are the Bahamas in hurricane zone?  or Hawaii...haha i cant choose i want to do it all
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're thinking a resort in Jamaica, maybe Sandals. We were thinking a cruise but we've been on many together before and wanted something different and more intimate.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm hoping for an inclusive resort, but I'm not sure about a lot of things right now.  If I go back to teaching then timing won't be an issue.  If I stay with my current job (I work in jewelry store) then I'll only have 1 week off :(
    If anybody knows of any smaller rural schools that are hiring--PM me the info :)
    My Bio
    Derp Engagement Photo
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards