Catholic Weddings

Kind of an update

So for those following my little annulment saga, I rescheduled our meeting with our priest for next Friday. However, talking to him today, it seems we unearthed the misunderstanding that some of you were seeing.

In our original conversation, the father and I were speaking in Spanish, which led to me misunderstanding a word he used to describe my boyfriend's previous marriage. He asked if he had had a civil marriage, which I interpreted to mean anything other than a Catholic wedding, so I said yes. Apparently the father meant did he get married in a courthouse or in front of a judge, anything non religious. Since my BF was married in the Methodist church, he said that it makes a difference, and he most likely will have to do the long annulment. However, his ex wife was not a baptized Christian when they married, so he is going to check with the tribunal to see if that makes any difference.

Of course we are hoping that he can do the short annulment, but we'll see next Friday what will have to happen, and we will take it from there.

Any T&P that things will go well would be much appreciated. :)

Re: Kind of an update

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards