Maine

Ceremony Locations - Help!

Hi Brides to Be~

I'm planning a destination wedding to York, Maine. We love the York Harbor Inn as a reception venue, but we can't seem to find a ceremony location. Does anybody have any ideas? Our date is September 2, 2012 (Sunday of Labor Day Weekend) and for that reason we can't have our wedding on the beach as it will be packed. There is a park across the street, but it only allows 10 chairs and it costs $2100. Does anybody know of other locations? It's fine if its less than 20 minutes away - we were thinking of renting trolleys. We're also not really religious and we want our friend to officiate so I think churches our out unless they are open to what we want. Suggestions?

Re: Ceremony Locations - Help!

• edited December 2011
    I'm also having a wedding in Sept 2012 in York.....and need to start looking for a ceremony site.  I was going to look into some of the parks in Kittery on the water.  Has anyone got married here?  Do you know the price and policy with chairs?
  • edited December 2011
    There is a place called spring hill in berwick. I'd also check into kittery and york parks.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • littlefieldmjlittlefieldmj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just got married in York last weekend, we did our ceremony and reception at the same location: Foster's Downeast Clambake.  The ceremony location was really pretty, a big open field with a pond (and fountain) in the background.  It was only $300 to rent the ceremony location.  I'm not sure if they rent for ceremony-only, but it would be worth your time to ask.  The people that work there are incredibly nice.  Good luck and congratulations!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards