Michigan-Lansing

Newbie Intro

Hello ladies!

I've been skulking around reading posts for a few weeks now and decided I'd better introduce myself! I'm Julie, 28, and have been engaged almost a month now :)

I'm actually a Brighton bride, and not sure which city fits me LOL. My fiance and I have been dating almost 6 years, and believe it or not - after all this time - I am totally lost on wedding planning! The only thing we've decided on is spring/summer 2012 and a Costa Rica honeymoon!

I have this idea in my head of being pretty anti-traditional, my wedding dreams of a small Vegas wedding were crushed by my FMIL and own mom! So anyway, I'm always on the lookout for new and unique venue ideas around here, but have this great idea too...if you check out this post   http://www.100layercake.com/blog/2011/02/15/and-old-world-circus-wedding-erin-brent/ , I love love love this idea - but have no idea where we could find a private, large, wooded piece of land to host a party on, looking at farms/barns/cider mills too. Even thinking about renting a tent and making it decorated inside as well (if you happen to have the new Knot mag, the Morroccon themed tent in there is another inspiration).

I really look forward to getting to know you girls and sharing thoughts/ideas/rants!

and thanks for reading!

Re: Newbie Intro

• gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Hi Julie and welcome.

I don't know a lot about venues in the Brighton area, but The Peacock Road tree Farm in Laingsburg would be great for the feel that is in the site you shared.

Please come back and post often, the ladies here are very helpful and friendly. Be sure to check out the stickies at the top of the board for vendor ideas and recommendations.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards