Iowa-Quad Cities
Options

Catering recommendations?

I'm getting married in June and am looking for any and all suggestions for caterers. My reception site allows off site catering. I haven't found many choices let alone very many reviews on caterers so any help would be awesome! Thank you!

Re: Catering recommendations?

• Options
    Meganne84Meganne84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Bridges Catering. They have an AMAZING reputation around here and have been around for 20+ years. On top of that, they have the cheapest prices I have found.  Our menu is a buffet with ham, carved roast beef, broasted chicken, new potatoes with parsley, green beans, dinner rolls, and tossed salad.  It is only 12.95 per person!!!  They have many more affordable options and some that are much more extravagent AND they encourage you to come out and try the food.  They are wonderful, and I wouldnt have considered anyone else!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    kelliejo83kelliejo83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Bridges also, but we didn't shop around at all.  Our reception hall only let us pick from 3 caterers, and Bridges was the middle-priced caterer of the bunch.  We had a plated dinner - 2 meat choices (a "chicken or beef" kind of thing picked in advance), a potato and a veggie side, a salad, and rolls.  The food didn't blow my mind, but it was really good.  Our guests seemed to enjoy it.
    Planning & Married Bio... Pro Pics, Vendor Reviews, and Items For Sale!
  • Options
    kmarie61689kmarie61689 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Bridges for our Sept 2011 wedding because it was the cheapest our reception site offered. I've had their food before and others have said that it's delicious. Ours is $19.95 a plate which includes 2 meats, a veggie, and a startch along with a full salad bar. Good Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bridges is a great caterer.  We cater 6-7 lunches per year for 500+ people on two shifts at my company.  We have used at least a dozen caterers during my 8 years and Bridges is by far the best food that we've had.  We use them every year at Christmas for the more formal holiday luncheon.  If you haven't found a caterer yet, definitely give them a call.
  • Options
    spagrl33spagrl33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you very much for everyone's input. I appreciate it! If anyone has anymore ideas also please let me know! Again thank you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at TPC Deere Run and they will be out caterer. I would recommend Diane DeBord catering. They have awesome food with great prices! I've also heard many great things about them from others.
  • Options
    madstaylormadstaylor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im not sure where you are but Kalmes' in Dubuque is suppose to be good, lots of people use them up here.  We are having a destination wedding in Hawaii so were doing a luau theme and getting catering from  BBQ This is cedar rapids!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Faithful Pilot in Le Claire does great catering.  They've spent the last several years catering wedding for The Figge Art Museum and are now branching out to include other venues.
  • Options
    Boynton1286Boynton1286 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Springbrook Country Dining from Bellevue, IA, they do cater in the quad cities, she is way cheaper than Bridges (less than $10.00 per plate) and her food is AMAZING! She also does wedding cakes that are fantastic and a lot chaper than anyone around the QC area. Micklewright catering in LeClaire is also amazing and chaper than Bridges, I was not impressed with Bridges catering at the last wedding I went to. I have a friend using Jeffs corner Market and her sister also used them and they had great food and I beleive they are pretty reasonable.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Don't laugh, but I've been to a few weddings that Hy-Vee catered and the food was wonderful.  They have a nice catering menu (it's not friend chicken like I expected!) and they are extremely affordable.

I also second Bridges.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards