Wedding Woes

DH wants a gun

He already has some so they don't bother me.  It's something we can afford so that's not an issue.  We've got a huge ass safe so that's nothing.

I just can't figure out WHY he wants one.  In all of the time we've been together he has gone hunting ONCE- which he even admitted was just to be with the guys.  He's NEVER gone to the shooting range.

So why now?

Re: DH wants a gun

• VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    DH has friends like this and his little brother.  They just like 'em.  I guess it's like collecting anything really.
  • AuntFloAuntFlo member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Did he just take out a huge life insurance policy on you?
    Has work really become that  bad?
    These, of course, are the things (among other distubing ones) that immediately pop into my mind because I watch WAY too many movies, entirely too much TV and read too many murder mysteries.
    But back to reality:  I think Varuna's right - - guys just like to collect things.  Tongue out
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Hmmmm, my life insurance policy isn't THAT big.  He already has two guns so he could have offed me already.

My guess is he got this big gun safe and is sad there are more tax files than guns in it.
  • felicia220felicia220 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How come he never goes to the range?  Sorry I am just being nosy.  I also come from the mentality that if you have a gun you should shoot in regularly for safety reasons.  
  • whirlybird27whirlybird27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Huh. My FI is the same way.
    I think he likes to have multiple guns just like I like to have multiple shoes. I don't wear most of them but they are there if I feel the need to switch things up lol.  And he does go to the range to get comfy with them. 
    At least that's how we look at it in our house :D
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I know exactly what your DH is going though, and my FI, you. I LOVE guns. I rarely get to shoot any of the 6 I have, but I constantly want one bigger and better. I think it's a guy/tomboy-girl thing. MY FI doesn't understand it either, and I can't really explain why we want more (although an empty gun safe does seem to answer that question-it would make me sad too). :) Get him out there though to go shoot! Go with him, maybe you will catch the gun fever we have !
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards