California-Bay Area

Santa Cruz in November?

My fiance and I are looking into getting married in Santa Cruz overlooking the ocean.  The ceremony would be outside and the reception would be inside.  Is it too risky weather-wise to have an outdoor ceremony in November???  I know you can't be certain of anything really, but do you think this is bad planning in case it's freezing or raining? Or does that normally come in the later winter months?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Santa Cruz in November?

• The rainy season here is officially January through March. weatherunderground and the National Weather Service have historic weather data for particular dates online.
  • I wouldn't worry too much about bad weather here in Nov.  We usually have Indian summer here and it stays warm until late Fall.  I'd have a plan B for the outside part just in case, but you most likely have nothing to worry about!  ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Try the Harvey West Park Clubhouse.Schouthouse (in Santa Cruz). That way you have indoors and outdoors plus bathrooms! That's where I'm getting married this summer. Plus, they are super affordable.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • <div>I am getting married in Santa CRuz in Novemeber...We get our best weather that month I think...I have lived here all my life and love that month..It does sometimes get very chilly as the sun goes down so make sure your reception is inside but the dance floor would be wonderful outside</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-bay-area_santa-cruz-in-november?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:602Discussion:15907f09-3e83-413f-9f55-ada0d547d881Post:ae9c65ed-1c7c-4f70-ab97-b4bdff391fe0">Santa Cruz in November?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiance and I are looking into getting married in Santa Cruz overlooking the ocean.  The ceremony would be outside and the reception would be inside.  Is it too risky weather-wise to have an outdoor ceremony in November???  I know you can't be certain of anything really, but do you think this is bad planning in case it's freezing or raining? Or does that normally come in the later winter months?
    Posted by puresugaar[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards