June 2012 Weddings

David Tutera sued by couples

2»

Re: David Tutera sued by couples

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_david-tutera-sued-couples?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:b702acaf-2eca-4a88-a768-dcf27c53e6dfPost:d91af01c-a6ab-4c71-900d-0718e1702a31">Re: David Tutera sued by couples</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: David Tutera sued by couples : Agreed! Also, I thought My Fair Wedding was kind of like those shows where they come and rescue you and pay for it all. Am I wrong?
    Posted by doeie04[/QUOTE]

That's the feeling I've always had!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_david-tutera-sued-couples?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:b702acaf-2eca-4a88-a768-dcf27c53e6dfPost:251d8bdd-e473-41ad-b835-7a41885d97d5">Re: David Tutera sued by couples</a>:
    [QUOTE]I personally think it's all an act. He obviously has a publicist that know how he needs to sell himself. He could care less about those brides.
    Posted by kelsey+brandon[/QUOTE]

<div>Agreed. You can love the show personality of someone without knowing enough about the <em>real</em> them to make a valid judgement on whether or not they would do something like this. Defending some celebrity because he's "so nice" on his show is pretty naive. Regardless of the reason for his depature, he should have had a back up plan that wouldn't have left his clients high and dry.</div><div>
    </div><div>I've watched his show and I really can't stand it when he makes the bride get a new dress when she's absolutely in love with the one she has and it looks beautiful on her. That's low.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_david-tutera-sued-couples?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:b702acaf-2eca-4a88-a768-dcf27c53e6dfPost:d91af01c-a6ab-4c71-900d-0718e1702a31">Re: David Tutera sued by couples</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: David Tutera sued by couples : Agreed! Also, I thought My Fair Wedding was kind of like those shows where they come and rescue you and pay for it all. Am I wrong?
    Posted by doeie04[/QUOTE]

Yep. He has a show, but outside of the show, he is an extremely expensive wedding and party planner. The show is a side gig.
  • michellep1michellep1 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_david-tutera-sued-couples?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:b702acaf-2eca-4a88-a768-dcf27c53e6dfPost:aae30cef-e499-421e-99cd-f7636250d75e">Re: David Tutera sued by couples</a>:
    [QUOTE]Whether he's getting sued or not, I don't like him. He's way too over the top and showy for my taste. None of it seems to be classic or timeless and even his version of "simple" is flashy. It also bugs me how he feels the need to give speeches at the couples reception. I'm almost surprised he hasn't performed the ceremony at some of them.
    Posted by kelsey+brandon[/QUOTE]

This.  I used to LOVE him and I still watch the show on occasion, just because I like watching everyone's weddings, but I don't really like HIM anymore.  When we first got engaged I bought his book, and some of it is good advice but there are more than a few things that I've thought were ridiculous.  He makes a lot of "every bride" generalizations that I think are a little rude. 

I also always thought it was weird that he takes so much of the spotlight at the weddings, but I figured it was all a part of his show.  Knowing that he does this in off-show weddings is really off-putting.

I understand this wedding wasn't exactly the money-maker or attention-grabber that some of his may be, but its bad business to accept a contract and then not follow through.  Therefore I think he deserves the bad press he's getting from it - he should treat all brides equally irregardless of their budget.  If he doesn't want to deal with a small-scale wedding, then he shouldn't accept it in the first place!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic June 2012 Siggy: Favorite Engagement Picture! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My fiance looked into hiring him for our wedding since he knows I enjoy the show. David's cost would have been around $10,000 so I don't understand how they could hire him for an out of the country wedding on a 10k budget. Something seems off. Regardless he should have an assistant there to cover his responsibilities. Seems fishy to me.
  • Cheetah2BCheetah2B member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2013
    Not really related to the lawsuit, but personally, I miss the REAL "Whose wedding is it Anyway" and "My Fair Weddig"...you know, the original shows? Now, I watch them, but don't really like them. They're all the same, just a different color.

And yeah, he should have had a back up. But, he has 3 assistants on every show, you see them, especially the main chick. So I imagine she could have finished it. Some people sue, to sue. How did they not know the cost beforehand? They had to have signed off on the final cost.

But, I've seen in his "revisited" shows, where he has made mention that 1 bride who was going overboard, and doing crazy stuff, he said, and I'm paraphrasing, that "She's doing crazy stuff and adding stuff, and then complaining about it all, when she's getting this beautiful wedding for FREE."

I thought if you qualified for these shows, WWIIA paid for the wedding, BrideZ's got their honeymoon(and/or partial wedding costs)same with MFW. And I recall another show not too long ago, where he did cut out for a bit on the show, b/c there was an issue with a family member. IDK.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards