Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Photo-ops north of the Twin Cities?

Our wedding is getting closer and closer..EEK! The ceremony is in New Brighton at Bigelow Chapel and our reception is at the Mermaid in Mounds View. The wedding is September 14 and I'm trying to come up with a photo plan. We definitely want both indoor and outdoor photo opportunities - Bigelow will be nice, but we would like some other options. The only thing I can think of for outdoor is Long Lake Park. Does anyone else have suggestions? We'd love to stay away from DT at all costs, but i'm not sure where else we could go that's north of the TC if it ends up raining.

AHHHH!
Halloween

Re: Photo-ops north of the Twin Cities?

• Options
    Silverwood Park in St. Anthony and the Muriel Sahlin Arboretum in Roseville Central Park come to mind for outdoor places. Indoors....I'm at a loss.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Hey, I just happened to be lurking today and saw your post. 
    I had my ceremony and reception at the Mermaid.  We had a winter wedding, so the park will look completely different for you, but we went to Long Lake Park and it gave us lots of opportunities and locations for photos.  It was really a great park to go to.  Super close to the Mermaid with lots of photo options.
    Check out my married bio for photos from the park.  (You'll find them under the Just Us section)
    mrssongbird531.weebly.com
  • Options

Hi!  There is a really great little park in Spring Lake Park, which isn't that far from the Mermaid.  It's closer to Northtown Mall, you would turn Left on Able Street, and it is about 1/2 block up on the left.  It's called "Triangle Park".  It's really small, but super cute.  It has a pond, a bridge, and a water fountain in the center of it.  There are some great photo opportunities and places to park along side of it.  It's behind that Goony Golf place.  It's really pretty in the fall.  I don't know how far you want to drive, that is like 10 minutes from where you will be.  Congratulations!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards