Ohio-Columbus

Wedding Colors

My wedding is Jan. 28th 2010. My colors are blue and siliver but i was thinking of adding purple also. Just for soemthing a little different what do you think? The blue is light blue (cornflower from davids bridal) and the purple would be between a light and a dark.

Re: Wedding Colors

• edited December 2011
    I think it is a great idea. My friend that got married last year had dark purple, blue and silver. I am always a fan of one color light, one dark and an accent color, which is what we did.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with MissySue that a dark purple, like and eggplant or plum would complement the light blue and silver.  For winter that would be pretty!
  • Ashes_3Ashes_3 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aww that sounds gorgeous! I agree with pp. Go with dark purple. You want it to compliment the lighter colors! It will make them pop out more!
  • edited December 2011
    I really like the idea of adding in the purple too. Originally we were going to do navy and light blue for our September wedding, but I decided on navy with bright purple and deep pink flowers. I really like blue and purple together, definitely more dimension and more modern than just the blue and silver. 
  • edited December 2011
    Go to Lowes or Home Depot and get paint swatches...I did this and it really helped me decide the colors that I liked together.
  • eidiva26eidiva26 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all so much and Danielle great idea about the paint swatches
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards