New York-New York City
Options

How did you choose a hair and MUA? (XP)

I am having a hard time choosing a hair and makeup artist?  I have viewwed several portfolios online and read reviews of course, but it is so difficult to pick when multiple artists get great reviews and have interesting portfolios.  I can't afford to do multiple trials (though I will have a trial with whoever I pick), so how do I know I really found the best hair and MUA for me?  How did you guys decide who to go with?  I haven't been to any recent weddings in the area so I can't get first hand recommendations.

Re: How did you choose a hair and MUA? (XP)

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-new-york-city_how-did-you-choose-a-hair-and-mua-xp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:114Discussion:41c3be8d-8f7c-45cb-a72c-ec8ddd57ab80Post:3c328e64-86ee-4429-9059-7bb38aced814">How did you choose a hair and MUA? (XP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am having a hard time choosing a hair and makeup artist?  I have viewwed several portfolios online and read reviews of course, but it is so difficult to pick when multiple artists get great reviews and have interesting portfolios.  I can't afford to do multiple trials (though I will have a trial with whoever I pick), so how do I know I really found the best hair and MUA for me?  How did you guys decide who to go with?  I haven't been to any recent weddings in the area so I can't get first hand recommendations.
    Posted by Mimmer04[/QUOTE]

I am lucky enough to have a friend who does hair and makeup for weddings to do mine, but I also work for a makeup brand and I think the most important thing is that you feel comfortable with the artist. If you like the looks you see in their portfolios then you shouldn't worry too much about them being able to execute what you want (and pictures are the best way to communicate that). I would try calling the ones you like to see if you click and then going for a trial with the one you feel most comfortable with.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards