Ohio-Cincinnati

Affordable Hotel reception venues

I am going crazy trying to find a reception venue that we can afford! I have scoured the city and contacted a million place. We need a place for about 200 or so that will allow us to bring our own food. I considered outside but my fiance thinks it is to risky because of the weather. The wedding is in June... We are getting married near Western Hills....I have tried every community center and VFW Hall possible...can someone recommend a hotel that could accomodate us? I am going to look at the QUality Inn on Montgomery today. Anyone been there before???

Re: Affordable Hotel reception venues

• kelklumpkelklump member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I havent been there before, but there arent many places that will let you bring your own food in, There is a huge liability on them if they were to need any of the venue's facilities (plus most already have in house catering). Good luck with the search. If you are looking strictly at hotels, I dont have many suggestions, parks are your best bet for outside catering.
  • edited December 2011
    Will you be coking for 200 guests? Or do you mean that you want to bring in the caterer of your choice? I know that the Fairfield Community Arts Center is inexpensive and lets you bring in a caterer. They check the caterer's credentials, though. But you could hire a caterer for making part of the food and make the rest yourself if that's what you were thinking of doing. I'm pretty sure the FCAC will allow that as long as your caterer is ok with it.

I've heard people also talk about Lake Lindsey Lodge, but I don't have any first hand info on that. Check out some parks too. Maybe French Park? Again no first hand info on that and I don't know what their rules and prices are.

Good luck, I know how frustrating it is. I was looking for a place where I could add some of my own food. But I wanted the entree to be prepared by the caterer. The Phoenix and the Madison agreed to it. We went with the Phoenix but it's not exactly budget friendly. My wedding is going to be about half the size of yours, though. I hope you can find something that meets your requirements.
  • mindiosumindiosu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can't bring your own food here, but have you looked at the Drawbridge Inn in Kentucky?  It's inexpensive and the hotel has been redone recently.  They do not charge for the space and they have many food/bar packages that are very well priced.  GL!
  • jansenjilljansenjill member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Or Nathaniel Greene Lodge on Wessleman? I know you can do your own food there.
  • nikkisinlovenikkisinlove member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cincinnati Parks has lodges that vary in size...I have friend who did her own food at one, but I can't think of the name of it (sorry) but it is definitely worth checking into. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards