Wedding Woes

Seasonal Fruits

There's something to all this eat local/ seasonal stuff. DH bought some organic in-season peaches the other day and my god; they are delicious. I don't even like peaches, but this thing is juicy and tender and wonderful. Pardon me while I hose myself off.

Re: Seasonal Fruits

• **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agreed.  It's amazing how awesome GOOD fruit tastes.
  • edited December 2011
    Local and in-season makes all the difference. When I was in Florida, I had some aspargus and it was AMAZING. I hadn't had aspargus that good since I lived in California. Being in the middle is boring.
  • GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    mm.
    I've been buying local blueberries.
    The last 6 weeks?  I've probably eaten 10 lb of them.  really.
  • **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    GBCK, I am so sad to see the blueberrie go around here. I am desperate enough to pay $3/8 oz.  Yes.
  • DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_seasonal-fruits?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:facbc5d1-d4a4-4807-8c87-c4a4ec21d8f8Post:4f6fd638-1eae-4c7f-90b2-6fc599a04751">Re: Seasonal Fruits</a>:
    [QUOTE]Being in the middle is boring.
    Posted by MinM[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  Corn, corn, and more corn. 

• edited December 2011
    DG - We didn't even get decent corn this year! Something happened to the crop. It was a disappointing summer.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Mmmmm.

As for the middle- I've had nice fresh aspargus, squashes, strawberries, onions, and I can't remember what else.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards