Not Engaged Yet
Options

Ok Time to post the recipes!

I need ideas for what to cook so BF will love me more lolWink Ok so joking aside I need some new ideas and Kraft.com just isnt giving me good ideas as of late.

Re: Ok Time to post the recipes!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The engagemunt chikkin didn't work?!

My very favorite recipe site is BettyCrocker.com ... you need to sign up to view recipes but it's 100% free and they don't spam your email.

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Chicken Cordon Bleu... This one is VERY yummy! And easy!

http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/chicken-cordon-bleu-i/Detail.aspx

And French Dip Sandwiches... So is this, but I use rolls out of the bread section instead of french bread

http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/french-dip-sandwiches/Detail.aspx

Hawaiian Pizza...
    http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/hawaiian-pizza/Detail.aspx
    ~~December 3, 2011~~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha, I guess I use allrecipe.com a lot :) I think it's because I google stuff and see what comes up first.
    ~~December 3, 2011~~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, this is one of my favorite side dishes... homemade creamed corn.

http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/slow-cooker-creamed-corn/Detail.aspx
    ~~December 3, 2011~~
  • Options
    babybchbumbabybchbum member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Put a pork butt in the crock pot season with salt and pepper let cook 6-8 hours. Pork will fall apart add BBq sauce and makes great sanwhiches. You can eve top with some sauteed onions or coleslaw for a twist. (thats a Huge hit around here)

Also, a Twist on Tacos.... Make the ground meat as you would. Rather than putting in Shells get 2 8 oz packages crescent rolls, overlap corners (the wide ends of the roll) ever so slightly and mush together. Place taco meat on wide part and top with cheese. Fold over points towards  the center (some meat will still show) bake @ 375 for 20-25 min until golden brown. cut and serve with whatever toppings you prefer. (you can also do a yummy vegetarian friendly one with refried beans.)

ETA: I'm obsessed with Pampered Chef recipies at the moment as well as Foodnetwork.com
  • Options
    tuarceathatuarceatha member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    meamollymeamolly member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How do you all know the things he loves to eat? lol I am going to use almost all of these just this week alone
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ok-time-post-recipes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:9f583093-6250-47d4-bc28-d100f97e3415Post:6c1aade7-7c3c-41bb-811c-fc884ac61de0">Re: Ok Time to post the recipes!</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>The engagemunt chikkin didn't work?</strong>! My very favorite recipe site is BettyCrocker.com ... you need to sign up to view recipes but it's 100% free and they don't spam your email.
    Posted by bsidebella[/QUOTE]

It was trkey!lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also, check out eatingwell.com. I've gotten A LOT of my recipes from there lately. SO has loved them all so far even though most of them have been healthy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been doing a lot of recipe searching lately and trying new recipes at least once a week.  I've been using the websites for Pillsbury, Bisquick, and Minute Rice a lot.

One of my favorite simple recipes is cheeseburger mac...
    brown 1 lb of ground meat; add in ketchup and mustard to equal 1/3 cup (mix well into meat before adding other ingredients), 1 box of either velveeta shells & cheese or kraft dinner (the kind with the creamy) -( just add the pasta, not the cheese now), and  1 1/2 -2 cups water; bring to a boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 11-13 minutes until water is gone and pasta is tender; add the creamy cheese until well mixed and serve.
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    With the pulled pork BBB recommended, I always end up with it too dry unless I add water to the crock pot while it's cooking.  I also sometimes cook it in BBQ sauce so it's all moist and juicy.

BBQ Chicken Pizza's very popular in my house (or was, until BF started this crazy diet).  Making your own pizza dough is surprisingly easy - stretching it is a bit more difficult.

Pizza Dough Recipe (clicky)
    BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipe (clicky)

After the dough has risen, sprinkle some corn flour on your baking sheet (a baking stone is even better, if you have one).  Stretch out the dough by gripping one end and working your way around in a circle (see a demo HERE).  Lay it down on the baking sheet/stone, cover the middle part with plenty of BBQ sauce and honey.  Leave a small edge for the crust - cover this in a thin strip of honey, and sprinkle a little corn flour over this edge all the way around.  Grill chicken breasts in BBQ sauce (or even better, have BBQ chicken the night before and use leftovers).  Chop it into bite sized pieces, and sprinkle over the dough.  Sprinkle chopped red onions, then cover with shredded smoked Gouda.  Bake until the crust is slightly brown and the cheese is melted.

Delish!  Seriously!

Anniversary

• Options
    bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I made these last night: http://www.eatbetteramerica.com/recipes/whole-grains/meatball-hoagies.aspx

They were really good and BF and his dad and brother really liked them. Plus they fit into my diet!

• Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    what rock have i been living under that i didn't know about this place before?  Thanks for this post!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A New Fave at our house
    Taco Soup
    2 lbs of ground beef
    1 pkg of taco seasoning
    1 pkg of ranch dressing mix
    1 can of corn (drained)
    1 can of mild chili beans
    1 can of pinto beans (drained and rinsed)
    1 can of Ro-Tel diced tomatoes w/ green chilis (smallish can)
    1 1/2 c. water

Brown hamburger in dutch oven or deeper/bigger pan, then mix all ingredients together and let them simmer for 15 min (or so) then serve with tortilla chips and top with cheese and/or sour cream to taste.

Some recipes I've seen call for a can of stewed tomatoes which I find disgusting and another can of green chilis if that's your thing.  BF would've loved jalapenos but I can't do 'that" hot so we have a can of them and he added them as he wanted. 

Just made this last night for the first time and BF was pleasantly surprised.  I had all of the ingredients out on the cabinet and he thought I would put the chips IN the soup so was expecting soggy chips and junk. He said, "this is surprisingly good, I was expecting, well, I won't say it, it's just good"...lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm a huge fan of the foodnetwork and www.foodnetwork.com (I feel like I say this a lot) . . . right now they have "50 easy soups" promoted on their home page - I'd say try some of those!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards