Interfaith Weddings
Options

HELP :(

I have no idea what to do.  Its going to be about 12 months until my wedding now and my fiance and I have not decided who and where we will marry.  I am a christian and a total bible follower and he is a raised adventist.  We both believe the same things except that no one will marry us because we are considered "Interfaith" .  The only issue is that I won't baptist myself to become part of his "religion" because I am adament about following doctrines and being part of something that I dont necessary agree with its foundation.  We can't agree at all.   His family solid on the ceremony being adventist and my family is solid about it being christian. 

Am I worried for  nothing?

I am losing my mind and sleep over this big time. 

Help....
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: HELP :(

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm confused... aren't adventists a denomination of Christians?  It sounds like you believe in a lot of the same things, but neither of you wants to budge on this issue.  You need to have a serious talk with your fiance about how this issue is going to affect your marriage, not just your wedding.  How will you raise the kids? Where will you go to Church?  If you can't find common ground and a community that will support your marriage, you're either in the wrong community or the wrong relationship.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Seventh Day Adventists are also Christians. It may just be a different denomination from how you were raised. I do understand the difference as my father's side of the family are devout Adventists and my mother's side are Baptists. Adventists are very stringent when it comes to their beliefs and hold fast to customs, especially dealing with the Sabbath. I do agree with the previous poster about sitting down together and seriously map your lives out together where religion is concerned, because unfortunately, I have witnessed this debate ruin too many relationships.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards