California-Northern

Looking for an Affordable Officiant Please!

Hello!! I've been searching for an affordable officiant for our Sept 2011 wedding in Oakland. I'd really like to stay below $300 (all inclusive = fees + travel, etc). Any suggestions?

Re: Looking for an Affordable Officiant Please!

• edited December 2011
    Call around to the local churches in your area or ask you venue for recommendations. Thats how I found mine. He was very reasonable because he was the pastor at one of the local churches. He wasn't someone that did weddings for a living. 
  • mushEmushE member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-northern_looking-affordable-officiant-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:56Discussion:2d2c82bf-658d-4196-944f-ffcceea7b462Post:8ef657de-2973-49c9-8f3f-1655ca587704">Looking for an Affordable Officiant Please!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello!! I've been searching for an affordable officiant for our Sept 2011 wedding in Oakland. I'd really like to stay below $300 (all inclusive = fees + travel, etc). Any suggestions?
    Posted by JajA1521[/QUOTE]

You could have a friend or family member perform the ceremony.  In my county, it was $65 or so for a one-time license to perform a wedding. 
  • edited December 2011
    Our officiant is from Marin and is doing it for free.  He has asked us to make a donation in his late wife's honor to a free clinic in Oakland. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Steve Siglin from the far East Bay charges $400, I know its above what you would like to do but he is really sweet and gets to know you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards