Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Destination Wedding help

Hi! My finace and I have recently decided that we are going to have a destination wedding.  We estimate that we will have about 50 guests.  Does anyone have a resort or location that they recommend? Have you been to any destination weddings that you absolutely loved?

Any input would be helpful. Thanks!

Re: Destination Wedding help

• Options
    It all depends on what you like.  We are getting married in Jamaica at the sandals resort Montego bay.  As far as I have seen it is beautiful and all inclusive.  Their are a few more Jamaica brides here as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Cozumel Mexico!!!! Will give a report in 2 weeks. Like pp said depends on what u want!! Our resort is all inclusive but we are traveling by cruise ship there
  • Options
    Thank you both!! I got overwhelmed when I started looking at resorts online.  They all look beautiful, but some packages include reception for 6 guests, while some include a reception for up to 50 guests...I got so confused.  Did you girls use travel agents?
  • Options
    We went to our friends wedding at Iberostar Tucan in Playa del Carmen, and had so much fun that we're going back there for our wedding. We definitely wanted an all inclusive resort, and originally wanted to go to Dominican Republic, but the cost to fly there was prohibitively expensive for our guests. Cancun was much easier to fly to from our hometown. 

I would suggest narrowing it down to a location, and then doing some research on resorts and packages offered. For instance, what's the most your guests can pay to attend? Once you have an idea of that, things will kind of come together. 

We are using Beach Bum vacations to coordinate travel for all our guests, and Nanda (our Beach Bum agent) was also helpful in pulling together different packages at different resorts so we could compare what was offered and how much each would costs our guests. They are free to use, so I would definitely recommend getting in touch. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am going through my aunt who is a travel agent.  I am just kind of letting her handle everything and asking questions as I go..  But I am kinda spoiled to have a family memeber do everything for me 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome and congrats I agree it is all what your looking for! Fi and I have been to Jamaica and Mexico and now getting married in the Dominican Republic! You plan on getting married there legally (civil ceremony) or symbolic, getting married in the states first?!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Welcome and congrats! I totally understand how overwhelming that first bit can be - before you pick out the location.

The ladies here are TONS of help so stick around!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards