Snarky Brides

Happy Friday!

Listening to the all Christmas music station at work today. It's rainy and gray, but the temp is supposed to drop low enough for snow by tonight. Yikes! Don't have my snow tires on yet.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Happy Friday!

• Happy Friday!

I'm in testing all morning with three classes, trying to coordinate weekend practices for the festival, attending the festival, and have a FI with a man-cold at home!

Hmmm... and I'm hungry.... What's for recess, I wonder?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Morning ladies!

I'm at work, listening to the crazyness that is Black Friday shoppers. Thank god they dont come in here.

Last night after dinner we went to see Skyfall, which was excellent. For any James Bond fans I recommend it. My son is still out the house hanging out with the husband, they may go to Gander mountain and look at bows and gun safes. Glad I'm at work!

I have several of my wreath projects started for Christmas and almost finished my wine cork Christmas tree.
  • Kd, how was Skyfall for a non-Bond fan? FI is dying to see it and it will be playing here in a few weeks. I told him I'd go, but I'm not sure if I can keep the eye rolling to a minimum. Is it really over the top?

I need to mentally prepare!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-friday-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:84b60dfb-867d-45d8-85ee-716ed62f328dPost:cb8b5c1f-fc6a-46cd-bfc5-1986e98a8507">Re: Happy Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kd, how was Skyfall for a non-Bond fan? FI is dying to see it and it will be playing here in a few weeks. I told him I'd go, but I'm not sure if I can keep the eye rolling to a minimum. Is it really over the top? I need to mentally prepare!
    Posted by jennylee813[/QUOTE]

Well it's Bond so a lot of it is over the top. But it was awesome, plus you see Daniel Craig shirtless a lot!

ETA: A lot surrounds around the "old" Bond. So you have to understand the background. Catch up on the old ones first!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-friday-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:84b60dfb-867d-45d8-85ee-716ed62f328dPost:44e01517-8aee-41ad-befa-d8e101f6b2b5">Re: Happy Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Friday! : Well it's Bond so a lot of it is over the top. But it was awesome, plus you see Daniel Craig shirtless a lot! ETA: A lot surrounds around the "old" Bond. So you have to understand the background. Catch up on the old ones first!
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

Shirtless Daniel Craig could make up for having absolutely no idea what's really going on.... ;-)

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-friday-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:84b60dfb-867d-45d8-85ee-716ed62f328dPost:35799700-90d0-4aec-8ced-5fae15c7d449">Re: Happy Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Friday! : Shirtless Daniel Craig could make up for having absolutely no idea what's really going on.... ;-)
    Posted by Angelface225[/QUOTE]

Gotta be honest, I wasnt a huge fan of Daniel, but this will make you one.
  • It's the over-the-top stuff that makes my eyes do 360. truthfully, I'd rather shirtless Pierce Brosnan ... But I'll be the ever-supportive FI and go. But there'd better be popcorn - that's all I'm sayin'!

Tongue Out
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-friday-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:84b60dfb-867d-45d8-85ee-716ed62f328dPost:cb8b5c1f-fc6a-46cd-bfc5-1986e98a8507">Re: Happy Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kd, how was Skyfall for a non-Bond fan? FI is dying to see it and it will be playing here in a few weeks. I told him I'd go, but I'm not sure if I can keep the eye rolling to a minimum. Is it really over the top? I need to mentally prepare!
    Posted by jennylee813[/QUOTE]

<div>Honestly, I'm not a Bond fan and I really really had a hard time getting through it. I actually took a nap in the middle I was so bored. I will say it was REALLY pretty (kind of how Avatar was really pretty). I am totally in the minority, I just did NOT like it.</div><div>
    </div><div>The next few days we will just be lazing around my parent's house. For breakfast we had ham, oyster dressing, and fried corn. Yum. The Arkansas-LSU game comes on at 1, so we will be getting ready for that bloodbath.</div>
  • Oh, and if not for Thanksgiving with my hilarious family, we never would have found this gem:
  • Not a Bond fan either.  H usually sees "his" type of action movies with his son.  I would like to see Lincoln, but H has already made it clear that it's too much talking and not enough action.

I still have to go into work.  Hopefully, doc has not yet switched over to the Christmas carol station.  I like it at first and then it's wearing esp when they start so early.

We're going to an after T-giving bash that friends put on every year.  I won't get there until late, but in enough time for dessert :)
  • Ooohh, I'd love to see Lincoln, but I know it won't come here. And if the Bond movie is 'pretty', that will get me through. Honestly, since we moved up here last fall, I haven't been to the movies. We just watch them on the movie network when they start showing.

That Dobby meme is uh-maz-ing!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards