California-San Diego

Coronado Question

Hi there,

My FI and I are considering a beach wedding in June, just the two of us.  Do I have time?  I want to do it near/at the Del, but when I phoned there, they told me they only do large weddings.  I would appreciate any ideas.  I just love the backdrop of the Del.  Thanks!

Re: Coronado Question

• hh581842hh581842 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    well, as far as I know, that's a public beach, so you should be able to get married on the beach, and you won't need the Del's permission.  Check that out.  However, to get married on any beach, you need to obtain a permit from the city, and it differs from city to city, but they are normally given out on a first come first served basis.  Since summer is the busiest wedding season of the year, those permits are going to go fast, and normally there can only be one wedding a day in a particular area.  You can apply for a permit up to a year in advance, so get on it! because all the other brides have had since June 09 to get their permits and i'm sure the available days left are going quickly.

Here are some links to the Coronado city site: http://www.coronado.ca.us/egov/docs/1209511490_60180.pdf

and 

• hh581842hh581842 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's a lawn on the property of the Del that overlooks the beach where a lot of people get married, and that's probably what they thought you were talking about when you said you wanted to get married there.  That's del property, but like i said, i believe the actual beach is city property....
  • edited December 2011
    Hi.  I'm getting married right outside the Del in a private ceremony.  I booked a coordinator/officiant for super cheap and we are doing it right outside.  Like they said, its public property.  It was difficult for us to nail down a place b/c a lot of places require a permit and its difficult to get one if you are not living in the area (we are planning our wedding from Austin, TX).
  • edited December 2011
    I think you should probably call the Del again, because I've seen small weddings out in the sand just outside the Del, and I'm fairly certain that they were Del hosted. That said, the Del is pricier and I'd  be willing to bet they have pretty steep minimums, which might be why they said they only did big weddings.

The Coronado Boat House is just across the street. The Coronado Community Center is down the street and has beach access I believe. I know they both do weddings.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards