Honeymoon Discussions

Considering Jamaica..

Hi there! FH and I are thinking about doing our honeymoon in Jamaica.  Our wedding is a May wedding, any suggestions as to where to stay? Would May be a good month to go? Thanks (:

Re: Considering Jamaica..

• I've only been to Sandals Negril in Jamaica.  While it was nice, it's not somewhere I'd go back.  Jamaica is the only place we've been where we never left the resort b/c we didn't feel it was super safe to do so.  We either went in Feb or April, I can't remember.  Negril is about an hour and a half from the airport.  
  • We've been to Jamaica a couple times and have really enjoyed it.  There isn't a ton to do off the resorts but the water is perfect, so if you are a big snorkeler or beach person you will really enjoy it.
    Our favorite resort we have stayed at there was Sandals Royal Plantation.  It is a lot smaller than the other Sandals.  It is really intimate and secluded with out of this world service.  We've also stayed at Sandals Whitehouse and Grande Riviera, both of which were also very nice.  We've looked at the Couples resorts , which we've heard great things about, but have stuck with Sandals.
    Our travel agent has always been really knowledgeable about the various resorts in Jamaica and helped us pick the right resort for what we were looking for at each time.  If you don't have one, I can share our ta's info, just PM me.  She made our honeymoon and subsequent vacations really easy and great!
  • That is where FI and I are going for our honeymoon. We are going to Montego Bay Jamaica. I can't wait. We are also having a may wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    192 invited image
    69 will be there image
    5 will be missing out image
     118 haven't RSVP'Dimage
    RSVP Deadline: May 3rd
  • I went to couples negril a few years ago for vacation. Adults only, super private, and awesome room right on the beach.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Went to Couples Tower Isle for our honeymoon.  Only left the resort to go to Dunn's River Falls, which was a resort-planned trip.  Agree that we weren't sure about it being safe, but there was enough to do at the resort that it really didn't matter.  We loved CTI!
    Anniversary
  • In all of the honeymoon research i have done, and talking to my fiance's mom (who is a travel agent) it seems that there are some great resorts in Jamaica for pretty good prices.  With that being said, it seems there isn't much to do off-resort.  It's safer to stay at your resort, or on organized excursions.

Additionally, it seems that most resorts are 1.5-2 hours from the airport. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_considering-jamaica?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:98df2c36-4e58-4c95-8522-9beb63004b94Post:5c3b1bb9-4159-4ca1-b2e6-fdf01b07e4bb">Re: Considering Jamaica..</a>:
    [QUOTE]Went to Couples Tower Isle for our honeymoon.  Only left the resort to go to Dunn's River Falls, which was a resort-planned trip.  Agree that we weren't sure about it being safe, but there was enough to do at the resort that it really didn't matter.  We loved CTI!
    Posted by Callie22589[/QUOTE]

we went to CTI as well and highly recommend it! We only left the resort twice, Dunns River Falls and Horse back riding, it wasnt because we didnt feel safe it was more just there was so many things to do on the resort (snorkeling, kayaking, a catamaran cruise, just drinking on the beach) that we didnt feel the need to!
  • We booked our honeymoon at Couples Swept Away in Negril, Jamaica for April 2013. We are really looking forward to it and we picked it based on the recommendations from a TA a Beach Bum vacations - she has been awesome! She has been to Jamaica 19 times so I really trust her judgement. If you want some good feedback, contact Haley at Beach Bum. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_considering-jamaica?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:98df2c36-4e58-4c95-8522-9beb63004b94Post:fd9dac38-65da-4e7b-bd9d-0072144a22f3">Re: Considering Jamaica..</a>:
    [QUOTE]In all of the honeymoon research i have done, and talking to my fiance's mom (who is a travel agent) it seems that there are some great resorts in Jamaica for pretty good prices.  With that being said, it seems there isn't much to do off-resort.  It's safer to stay at your resort, or on organized excursions. Additionally, it seems that most resorts are 1.5-2 hours from the airport. 
    Posted by kaos16[/QUOTE]

Jamaica's big airport is in Montego Bay.  We went to Secrets Wild Orchid in Montego Bay last month and would definitely go back.  For excursions, we went snorkeling (which was awesome) and went shopping in town.  A lot of people we met also did ziplining and Dunn's River Falls, and they all liked it.  I know Sandals also has a Montego Bay resort, but Secrets was a significantly lower price and newer. 

And even though we were near the airport, you couldn't hear the planes at all. 
  • We are considering Jamaica as well.  Any hotel recommondations would be helpful. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards