Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Bridal Bouquet vs. BM Bouquets

I have begun to collect vintage brooches to assemble my own brooch bouquet. I want to make mine to look something like this: http://www.etsy.com/listing/78796972/mix-purple-roses-and-brooch-bouquet

This is going to cost me a bit of money, although it will be cheaper than real floral. 

My question is this: 
What kind of bouquets should I make for my maids?

I am very crafty, and I want their bouquets to be beautiful too, but I also want mine to be unique. What do you think would coordinate with mine? 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bridal Bouquet vs. BM Bouquets

• Options
    Could you maybe do a combination of vintage brooches like yours and real flowers? Then they are coordinated but not matching.

I think any of your other options might just look out of place from what your bouquet will look like.

Also, silk flowers often cost just as much as real ones, and look so terrible compared to the real thing. Even the best fake flowers look, well - fake. I'd steer clear of those no matter what you choose :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_bridal-bouquet-vs-bm-bouquets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:31623d7a-4fd2-4275-bb1b-d0d764f04eb7Post:daf388ec-624f-4b07-8758-826200dd8561">Re: Bridal Bouquet vs. BM Bouquets</a>:
    [QUOTE]Could you maybe do a combination of vintage brooches like yours and real flowers? Then they are coordinated but not matching. I think any of your other options might just look out of place from what your bouquet will look like. Also, silk flowers often cost just as much as real ones, and look so terrible compared to the real thing. Even the best fake flowers look, well - fake. I'd steer clear of those no matter what you choose :)
    Posted by cebrady89[/QUOTE]

I like this idea.  I mean no offense, but I don't care for bouquets of "stuff" as opposed to flowers.  I don't care for the Etsy link you posted, frankly I think it's weird.  However, mixed in with a few live flowers in complimentary colors I think it could be really beautiful.

I'd also just do live flowers for your BMs.  The will keep their bouquets and appreciate them until the flowers wilt.  I'd prefer this over a bouquet of fake flowers or felt flowers/buttons.  I probably wouldn't keep it, and then you would have wasted that time/money.
  • Options
    Well, OP - I *love* your brooch bouquet.  I think it's awesome.  I have no idea what you will do with it after the fact, but I think it's different and still classy.

For you BMs, I'd either to button bouqets or real flowers.  Silk and ribbon bouquets won't look as nice compared with all your pretty brooches.  On the one hand, I like buttons because it fits the "not a flower bouquet" theme.  On the other hand, the brooches are going to be really pretty and buttons won't compare but flowers could.

Good luck!!  Post pics of your bouquet when it's finished :-)
  • Options
    I am carrying a brooch bouquet and my BM's are carrying small bouquets made of burlap flowers and feathers. I love all of the bouquets I made and don't think they look out of place together. I don't think they have to look exactly alike or even mimic each other. (See DIY board for pics)

I personally like your idea of felt and button flowers! But I am a major DIY bride and love things that are unique and different so I'm a little biased.
    172 Invited. image
    130 Accepted. image
    42 Declined. image
    0 Can't find the mailbox. imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Recently I saw someone post origami bouquets they had made, and they looked beautiful.  So I am biased towards those - maybe to tie it into your bouquet you could add a couple of scattered brooches?  Just a thought =]

This the post if want to see her origami bouquets:

photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I would do real flowers with some broaches.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I picked the origami option. I think that will be elegant and pretty, but not overpowering to the beautiful you have.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    I don't get how that will be cheaper than flowers. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @ ktelizabeth86 i love your burlap and feather bouquets! i would totally do fabric flowers for BM bouquets.. so there's another option! 

@DiLynn83 i'm going for a brooch bouquet because i appreciate that it won't wilt away. believe me, i love real floral. i have been a floral designer and possess the skills to make real flower bouquets, but my dad won't pay for floral. he is being stingy so i am using materials that i have or can collect from people to make unique nonfloral bouquets. my bouquet won't look exactly like the etsy link, that was just what made me decide that i absolutely wanted a brooch bouquet.

@AurorasEnvy those origami bouquets are BEAUTIFUL! my fiance's family is japanese so i know that i have plenty of skilled people to back me up if i choose origami :)

Everyone else, thank you for your input! please let me know if anyone else has any unique nonfloral ideas!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards