Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Modern Love song for a 15 year old to sing

Hi Everyone,
I was sent to this board by my local board, so I'm hoping I can get some good suggestions here! 
FI's 15 year old female cousin who has an AMAZING voice is going to sing a song at our ceremony.  We are having a simple outdoor ceremony where FI's uncle (who is a JOP) is going to perform the ceremony. We're looking for a modern, newer song that is appropriate for a wedding and for a 15 year old to sing in front of some pretty old school relatives.  So far we've had Shania Twain and Maraih Carey suggestions, but those just don't seem right.  Any suggestions would be VERY helpful!
TIA!
Michelle
Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 148 Invited
image 113 Are Ready to Party
image 35 Are Party Poopers

Re: Modern Love song for a 15 year old to sing

• Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    One song that comes to my mind that would be appropriate for a 15-year-old to sing would be "Today Was A Fairytale" by Taylor Swift.
  • kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Hi Michelle!!

I was thinking along the same lines! Something that has a younger artist singing it (like Taylor Swift, etc.) or you could always pick a classic that most of your guests will know & love. Either way I think it will be a hit!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!  It was actually my club board that recommended me - oops.  We actually decided on 1234 by the Plain White T's.  FI's uncle is going to learn the guitar part and sing the chorus with her.

Darn - this makes me wish we could afford a videographer!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 148 Invited
    image 113 Are Ready to Party
    image 35 Are Party Poopers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards