Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

hotel block NOT requiring 2 night minimums...

Hey everybody I've had a hard time finding hotels, bed & breakfasts, properties to rent for room blocks.  I do not want anything with a 2 night minimum.  I have 4 guests total coming from out of town, I really just wanted a block because a bunch of our friends and relatives were asking about staying all together in the quarter after we go out after the wedding.  Every place I've looked up (which feels like all of them) require 2 night minimums for the weekend and that's just not what we need.  Does anyone know of any places that do not have this requirement?  I know that hotels don't require the 2 nights for a regular stay (we stay 1 night on the weekends all the time), but am worried about telling everyone to just find their own place to stay.  What would y'all do?  It's in November which is one of the busier parts of the year from what I understand.  TIA

Re: hotel block NOT requiring 2 night minimums...

• Options
    Country Inn and Suites on Magazine did not require a 2 night minimum.
  • Options
    The Hilton Riverfront, the Wyndham Convention Center and Country Inn & Suites did not require two night stays.
  • Options
    and of course if your willing to forfeit any discount you get by reserving a block (which is usually minimal in my opinion) you can basically choose anywhere you want depending on how far out your wedding date is.  Meaning choose now, tell all your guests "let's all book at hotel xyz" and stay together that way....you don't have to have a block to alll stay at the same place, you just have to all book at a place that has availability.  Also a block usually doesn't mean that the rooms are together, which is annoying when you want them to be!  We went through that with my sister's wedding...we were hoping the rooms would be close and they were all over the place at a big hotel.
  • Options
    Yeah that's kind of what we're looking at.  We wanted something in the quarter that's a "French Quarter" hotel.  I ended up just sending a mass email to everyone to give me a final answer on who would want to spend the night and we will just book that many rooms.  It seems like it's going to work out better than a block anyway, it's just a pain.  It's a small bed and breakfast so we might end up just renting out the whole place which was fine with the owner.  We'll see 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards