Colorado-Denver
Options

Affordable bridal salons in denver?

I noticed that a lot of salons in the Denver area average $1,500 and up for a dress.  My budget is $600-$700.  Any ideas of good places other than David's Bridal?
Wedding Countdown Ticker BabyFruit Ticker photo boygirl_zps7b73636b.jpg

Re: Affordable bridal salons in denver?

• Options
    you might try amanda's bridal:
    http://www.amandasbridal.com/

i've heard nothing but good things about them

or you could try to find something second hand.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Try The Alter in Lakewood area (on Colfax) which does sample and consignmnet. There is also one in Littleton- The Green Bride.

Also look at Sample sales at the bridal salons. I found my dress at a sample sale and it was over 50% off which was just about your budget. 

Also check the events like Brides Against Breast Cancer that come to town (I got my veil at one show).

Good luck and yes, you can find a wonderful dress for that price.
  • Options
    I would not reccomend Amanda's unless you can go during the week the three times I have been there once looking for my wedding and the other 2 for my freinds it was a horrible experience. They do not take appointments so we were there early before they opened and it took them 2 hours and they allowed flower girls and BM to use the bride side and tried to deny it until we had pictures of the ppl going into the dressing rooms and showed it to them. Their dresses were more expensive and carry smaller sizes to try on of 4 and 6 then most salons as well. 

I would check out D'Anelli, Wedding Treasures,  anna-be, or bea's bridal nook 

if you are willing to travel outside of Denver I would go to Dora Grace in FC Timiry and her team will treat you like a princess and listen to what you want. There is also the Bridal Conenction in Longmont. 

• Options

One more vote for Amanda's Bridal.  I got my dress there and they were great. Granted I didn't go on a Saturday except to do my final fitting and they did take appointments everytime I went.

You could also look at Chiyo's Bridal in Aurora, they were pretty well priced and have many dresses in your price range.

You will find the perfect dress for your day!!!!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_colorado-denver_affordable-bridal-salons-in-denver?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:59Discussion:789d1295-0561-452f-857a-d1f9664e979bPost:e634cde0-5adc-4a33-a311-f0425e673dd8">Re: Affordable bridal salons in denver?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Try The Alter in Lakewood area (on Colfax) which does sample and consignmnet. There is also one in Littleton- The Green Bride. Also look at Sample sales at the bridal salons. I found my dress at a sample sale and it was over 50% off which was just about your budget.  Also check the events like Brides Against Breast Cancer that come to town (I got my veil at one show). Good luck and yes, you can find a wonderful dress for that price.
    Posted by SuburbsMrs[/QUOTE]

I have done both The Alter and The Green Bride.  Both places were great!
  • Options
    I got my dress at Amanda's and I never had a problem with them.  They don't do appointments for trying on dresses, so going on a weekday is better if you can, but they do do appointments for your fittings.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I went to Bonnies Bridal off I-25 and 84th, I got my dream dress for only $400 and she let me make payments since it was off the rack. The lady seems to rub people the wrong way and isn't the friendliest but you aren't looking for a friend, just get the dress and get out!! lol. I saw my same dress at DB, but the one at DB was cheaper looking and it was $150 less. I heard her alterations weren't the best but you can take it to someone else like I did. But I don't know if they are actually bad since I didn't have her do them
  • Options

Even though I didn’t end up getting my dress there, I highly recommend The Bridal Collection off Belleview in Englewood.  They have the higher end dresses but also plenty in stock in the $400-800 range. The atmosphere is gorgeous and the customer service was phenomenal (Chelsea seemed to be genuinely excited for me and did a terrific job suggesting possible accessory options – I am totally clueless about fashion and accessories so it was very helpful.) http://www.coloradobridalcollection.com/index.html 

I also recommend where I did get my dress:  A Total Image in Arvada. Again, lovely ladies to work with. The location is a bit interesting – you feel like you are in the industrial part of town, but the prices, quality and range is very reasonable (again, plenty in the $400-800 range). The dress I tried on and picked turned out to be discontinued so they let me buy the one I tried on for half price – YAY! 
    http://www.atotalimagebridal.com/ 

Have fun!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards